CumulusX! Session scheduled at 19:00 GMT

Peter Lürkens

What a pity!

It was getting late anyway, but I think we could have made the full distance (708 km)! We were at 230 or so after 2:30h.

Anyway I saved the flight, so we could pick up where we were another day. Maybe we could think of a regular session once a week, hosted by somebody else each time?

Cheers,

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

What a pity!

It was getting late anyway, but I think we could have made the full distance (708 km)! We were at 230 or so after 2:30h.

Anyway I saved the flight, so we could pick up where we were another day. Maybe we could think of a regular session once a week, hosted by somebody else each time?

Cheers,

Peter

Yeah it's a great idea to soar together. CumulusX! just begs for this. In my case the time zones are all wrong I think. A great adventure in theory would be to pick real world weather data off the Hifi Simulation site and try to go cross country in a network group using real world data. Could this be done in CumulusX? I do not know if CumulusX would spread thermal information to all machines in a real world weather simulation session. Apparently Active Sky supports networked weather sharing (but not of thermals).

I do fly this way on my own. Some historical weather dates are so good that they can be replayed over and over again for cross country attempts. Often I cannot get far enough from one airport and so try from a neighbouring airport or load up different times of the day within Active Sky. It works very well and you learn a lot about the weather and gliding that way. In theory, all this could be done cooperatively on the network between pilots either now already or some day in the future.

CumulusX has so much potential for real learning and enjoyment of simulation flying in a networked pilot arrangement.

Hats off to you clever programmers.

Cheers