Male X Seaplane AI traffic

Mark Lewis

Hi -

I've recently bought the Male X scenery, and it's wonderful. However, I am not seeing any AI traffic at Male seaplane base.

I have checked that the installer placed the Aerosoft AI airplanes are in the "SimObject" folder - which it did.

I have tried moving the traffic folder from the install folder to Scenery/World/Scenery.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have searched the forums, but could not find a resolution for the problem.

Best,

Mark

Hello Mark,

Do you have any other AI Traffic installed on your system like WOAI etc.

Hi Shaun -

Yes, I have some WOAI traffic installed - I did see that there were some conflicts with WOAI - what's the best way to see this Male X traffic without having to change all the (very good) traffic I already have!

Thanks,

Mark

Unfortunately there is no easy way, as WoAI uses old code that prevents FSX-coded traffic. I heard there should be some way to recompile WoAI into FSX format but don't ask us how it's done.

Easiest way is to use Ultimate Traffic 2 or MyTraffic 2010.

btw: please never move folders or files if you don't know exactly what you're doing - this will most probably do more harm than it can solve.

Unfortunately there is no easy way, as WoAI uses old code that prevents FSX-coded traffic. I heard there should be some way to recompile WoAI into FSX format but don't ask us how it's done.

Easiest way is to use Ultimate Traffic 2 or MyTraffic 2010.

btw: please never move folders or files if you don't know exactly what you're doing - this will most probably do more harm than it can solve.

Hi Thor -

So because I use some WOAI traffic, it is not possible to see the traffic included with the Aerosoft Male X product unless I either change all my WOAI for FSX, or buy an AI add-on product?

Is it possible for you to release a version of the Male AI traffic that does not conflict with WOAI? - it is a very popular product!

Best,

Mark

You can recompile all the WOAI packages using "AI FLight Planner". Google for it.

When you convert all the FS9 trafic, all your fsx trafic will automatically work. Including the default one (Wich i renamed to not work).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm not usually posting in forums if my scenery is not working the way that I want it to, because usually someone else had the same problem before and the solution is already on the net. However, this one left me clueless:

My Seaplane AI Traffic doesn't show up either! BUT I have converted all my WOAI Files to FSX files and checked it with AI Flight Planner, which confirmed that there were no FS9 Flight Plans left.

I'm not sure how to solve this, but the FSX Default Traffic doesn't show up either, and when I compile my own FSX Flight Plans using AI Flight Planner they do show up.

I then tried to open the Aerosoft Maledives X Traffic File (I used the "High Priority" one) and recompiled that one into my Scenery/World/Scenery/ Folder but nothing was shown at Male Seaplane Base.

I would be very happy if you have any ideas and could post these!

Thanks in advance,

Doc