Flight Plan Coverter

wingnut

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the flight plan converter,every time I try to do this,I get this pop-up ,enclosed is an image of what I am getting,tiis happened after I had to re-install FSX.

Mark

post-26378-127886976925_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the flight plan converter,every time I try to do this,I get this pop-up ,enclosed is an image of what I am getting,tiis happened after I had to re-install FSX.

Mark

Hi Mark,

In order for the flightplan converter to work it needs to find the location of FSX and the location of the flightplans folder used by FSX. To get to the FSX location it reads an entry in the registry. It looks like you are running the program in a mode that doesn't allow access to the registry (either that or FSX is not installed on your computer).

Try running the program as administrator and see if that fixes things.

Björn

Hello;

Thank you for your reply,I have FSX Acceleration,FSX is installed in the location where it goes,I haven't changed the location,as for the registry,the location is-Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0.So I don't no why it is not working?Does it get its own folder in the registry,or is in the Aerosoft folder.

Mark

Hello;

Thank you for your reply,I have FSX Acceleration,FSX is installed in the location where it goes,I haven't changed the location,as for the registry,the location is-Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0.So I don't no why it is not working?Does it get its own folder in the registry,or is in the Aerosoft folder.

Mark

Mark,

I'm trying to read a registry key to determine where FSX is installed. The error you are getting is due to a security setting your windows installataion, have you tried running the program as administrator ?

Björn

Mark,

I'm trying to read a registry key to determine where FSX is installed. The error you are getting is due to a security setting your windows installataion, have you tried running the program as administrator ?

Björn

On the shortcut to the program make sure you set "Run as administrator" as one of the properties. That's all I can think of right now!

When you open "regedit" can you open the registry manually yourself ?

Björn

Hello;

Thank you for your reply,I can open regedit with out any problems,I've tried running the flight plan converter normally,than as administrator,no luck.

Mark

Hello;

Thank you for your reply,I can open regedit with out any problems,I've tried running the flight plan converter normally,than as administrator,no luck.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Confirm you are trying to convert a vasFMC flightplan is that correct? The error occurs after you have selected a flightplan name and you double clicked the name or pressed "Open" to strat the conversion. At that point the program will look into the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0\SetupPath" registry key.

Can you check with Regedit if this key exists ? My guess is that it doesn't, possibly due to the reinstall of FSX (don't ask me why it isn't there though).

If it isn't there can you add it? As the value of the key add the complete folder name where FSX is installed (same value as found in key: "computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft games\Flight Simulator\10.0\AppPath").

I know it's a bit of a hastle but hopefully this will fix the issue. My guess is also that converting an FS9 flightplan works fine, there I use the other registry key to find the FSX location.

Björn

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Confirm you are trying to convert a vasFMC flightplan is that correct? The error occurs after you have selected a flightplan name and you double clicked the name or pressed "Open" to strat the conversion. At that point the program will look into the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0\SetupPath" registry key.

Can you check with Regedit if this key exists ? My guess is that it doesn't, possibly due to the reinstall of FSX (don't ask me why it isn't there though).

If it isn't there can you add it? As the value of the key add the complete folder name where FSX is installed (same value as found in key: "computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft games\Flight Simulator\10.0\AppPath").

I know it's a bit of a hastle but hopefully this will fix the issue. My guess is also that converting an FS9 flightplan works fine, there I use the other registry key to find the FSX location.

Björn

Hi Bjorn,

I'm having the same issue. I followed your above instructions as I did not have the 'SetupPath' registry entry. I added the entry with the value from the AppPath key, which on my setup is F:\FSX\. I'm running Win7 64bits and running the flight plan converter app as admin.

Any other ideas or help would be appreciated.

Regards ,

Bob Lyddy

Hi Bjorn,

I'm having the same issue. I followed your above instructions as I did not have the 'SetupPath' registry entry. I added the entry with the value from the AppPath key, which on my setup is F:\FSX\. I'm running Win7 64bits and running the flight plan converter app as admin.

Any other ideas or help would be appreciated.

Regards ,

Bob Lyddy

Bjorn,

I'm good. What I failed to say was I built my flightplan via FSBuild2 and I just saw a different post stating I do not need to convert FSBuild flightplans when built for FSX. I just successfully loaded my flightplan. Now I'm off for my Eastern Airlines flight from KPHL to KMCO.

Bob

I'm good. What I failed to say was I built my flightplan via FSBuild2 and I just saw a different post stating I do not need to convert FSBuild flightplans when built for FSX. I just successfully loaded my flightplan. Now I'm off for my Eastern Airlines flight from KPHL to KMCO.

Thx for letting us know Bob!

Björn