ILS issues

balus

Hi, I've had a couple of ILS issues of late; basically I can't select APPR mode, it just won't happen - I have the correct frequency and course set but no dice (I am within 30 degrees of the course). I managed to land safely, but it would be nice to use an ILS and perhaps even an autoland :) Any ideas?

Hi, I've had a couple of ILS issues of late; basically I can't select APPR mode, it just won't happen - I have the correct frequency and course set but no dice (I am within 30 degrees of the course). I managed to land safely, but it would be nice to use an ILS and perhaps even an autoland smile.gif Any ideas?

Hi Scott,

Has this happened at a specific airport and when did the issue start. if you can provide me with a bit more info I will try and recreate your issue.

Hi Steve,

yesterdays flight was into YSSY, 34R. I seem to recall the other problem was with YSSY as well, 16L - hmmm. Can't put a time on when it started, I would have assumed that I had done something wrong and dismissed it.

Hi Steve,

yesterdays flight was into YSSY, 34R. I seem to recall the other problem was with YSSY as well, 16L - hmmm. Can't put a time on when it started, I would have assumed that I had done something wrong and dismissed it.

Hi,

For APPR mode to work you need 3 things:

- Make sure that you have the correct ILS frequency selected

- Make sure that the Glideslope is active at the time of engaging the APPR mode

- Make sure that the selected AP/FD matches the radio that has the ILS frequency set

Could it be that this last part is where it goes wrong? When you are using FD2/AP2 the V/L mode and the APPR mode will use VOR2 as the reference for the ILS approach.

Björn

Tested YSSY RWY 34R, no problems here

selected V/L before capturing LOC and APPR being below G/S

A/P and A/T disconnected at 200ft RA

Regards

Sam

Tested YSSY RWY 34R, no problems here

selected V/L before capturing LOC and APPR being below G/S

A/P and A/T disconnected at 200ft RA

Regards

Sam

thanks Sam, I have spoken to Scott and there is a FSX error allignment with 16L but it doesn't interfere with the ILS capture etc. Looks like finger trouble for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like finger trouble for the moment.

Right you are Steve - got back from holidays and did a test flight into YSSY, 34R and captured no problems.