Approaching Innsbruck reinstallation

Evincare

Hi Folks,

i have some serious trouble with my approaching innsbruck add-on.

I recently screwed up my whole FSX installation so i had to reinstall it - first of all i uninstalled all Add-Ons i own (thats a lot of work), but the only add-on causing troubles are Approaching Innsbruck.

I tried to uninstall it in the control panel \ Software and was unable - the errormessage states something like "you need to uninstall it first, to install it" (hell i do want to uninstall it)

THe installer itself states the same errormessage.

i'm using Windows 7 x64

The registry doesn't give any usefull information either.

Appreciate every help i could get :)

Have a nice sunny sunday

br, alex

Hello Alex,

You want to un-install it to re-install it.

What happens if you just remove the folders from the sim.

Then try a re-install after.

Hi Shaun,

when i reinstalled the FSX i completely removed the whole FSX Folder from my harddisk (installed on a second hdd wich was completely empty then)

i guess there is somethin wrong with the written installer.

I also found the uninstall string in the registry - but that does not work either.

br, alex

Hello Alex,

I believe there is a problem with the installer as I have now been informed.

I have attached a file you need to replace the setup.inx file with the attached one into the folder below and then try to un-install.

The folder may be hidden so you will have to change this in the Windows Folders options.

c: \ Program Files \ InstallShield Installation Information \ (70864384-DD19-44CB-A999-A917F32F623D)

in 64 systems:> c: \ Program Files (x86) \ InstallShield Installation Information \ (70864384-DD19-44CB-A999-A917F32F623D)

LOWI-Issue.zip

• 4 months later...

Hello Alex,

I have attached a file you need to replace the setup.inx file with the attached one into the folder below and then try to un-install.

The folder may be hidden so you will have to change this in the Windows Folders options.

c: \ Program Files \ InstallShield Installation Information \ (70864384-DD19-44CB-A999-A917F32F623D)

in 64 systems:> c: \ Program Files (x86) \ InstallShield Installation Information \ (70864384-DD19-44CB-A999-A917F32F623D)

Ok Shaun, here I am, (Nelson) trying to solve the problem.

What can I do now?

Regards

Hello Shaun,

As I told you before, I didn´t found the arq c:\Programme\InstallShield Installation

>> Information\{70864384-DD19-44CB-A999-A917F32F623D}\

but, looking on installation Approaching Innsbruck, instead the arq above, I found on that Windows program, the following arq. {555C7DA8-8A43-4A5B-A5FB-137C07AA81DO}, were I change the arq LOWI-Issue to modify the older one, but no change in Innsbruck founded... everything remains the same.

Well, anyway, the scenery is beautifull and I will use the way it are in the moment...

With my best regards

Nelson Voigt

Finally, following instruction of Shaun, I delete the intire file TEXTURE of FS9, reinstall only the default FS9 Texture, and everything now is working fine.

Many thanks for all.

Best Regards

Nelson Voigt

• 8 months later...

Hello Alex,

Hello Alex,

Hello Shaun,

as a Newcommer with addons in FSX I had big problems with reinstalling Approaching Innsbruck in XP and it took me a long time to find your help. Thank´s a´lot for this, but wouldn´t it be easier for other users with a downloadable update from aerosoft. (because not everybody knows how to show hidden folders and files without crashing the whole system). Thanks and have a good flight. Greatings from Flori, Hofstatt-Air Austria

Hello Shaun,

as a Newcommer with addons in FSX I had big problems with reinstalling Approaching Innsbruck in XP and it took me a long time to find your help. Thank´s a´lot for this, but wouldn´t it be easier for other users with a downloadable update from aerosoft. (because not everybody knows how to show hidden folders and files without crashing the whole system). Thanks and have a good flight. Greatings from Flori, Hofstatt-Air Austria

I'll ask about that :)

@lieber gianni

du kennst mich schon lange als klimbim und denkst dir jetzt: was will der Trottel jetzt wieder. Aber ich will dir helfen, denn ich habe das selbe Problem. Beim Anflug auf LOWI stürtzt mein Flusi ab. Ich habe allerdings LOD auf 8,5 gestellt. Warum ? Nur so habe ich etwas davon, das der Flusi eine gute Grafik in die Ferne bringt. Ich habe heute alles probiert. Abflug von Kufstein nach Innsbruck mit der BN-2 Islander in Richtung Innsbruck. Was soll ich sagen. Absturz kurz vor Innssbruck: der Flugsimulator hat ein problem festgestellt, er wird neu gestartet.

Dann habe ich es neu probiert mit LOD 4,5 . Und dann gab es keinen Absturz mehr. Ich denke, es gibt eine kleines Problem bei deinem LOWI, wenn die Leute denn LOD hochschrauben. Nur muss ich dir auch sagen: mit LOD 4.5 will ich nicht fliegen, denn ab erst mindestens 8.5 sind die Berge schön.

Wolfgang

Und du kennst mich persönlich.

• Developer

... denn ich habe das selbe Problem. Beim Anflug auf LOWI stürtzt mein Flusi ab. Ich habe allerdings LOD auf 8,5 gestellt. Warum ? Nur so habe ich etwas davon, das der Flusi eine gute Grafik in die Ferne bringt. Ich habe heute alles probiert. Abflug von Kufstein nach Innsbruck mit der BN-2 Islander in Richtung Innsbruck. Was soll ich sagen. Absturz kurz vor Innssbruck: der Flugsimulator hat ein problem festgestellt, er wird neu gestartet.

Dann habe ich es neu probiert mit LOD 4,5 . Und dann gab es keinen Absturz mehr. Ich denke, es gibt eine kleines Problem bei deinem LOWI, wenn die Leute denn LOD hochschrauben. Nur muss ich dir auch sagen: mit LOD 4.5 will ich nicht fliegen, denn ab erst mindestens 8.5 sind die Berge schön.

Wolfgang

Und du kennst mich persönlich.

Nope. You are referring to a thread in the german support forum. The problem is more complex than the LOD_RADIUS. Other users are flying the scenery with a value of 8.500000 too, and they do not encounter any problem. As far as I see the problem is a combination of perhaps the version of the used fsx and the used g3d.dll file. And perhaps a graphic card driver issue.

regards

• 10 months later...