[BUG] Engine start switch VC

Swen

The engine starter in VC turns only clockwise. In 2D panel i can use left and right mouse button to switch the selector to left and right. At VC it won't work.

The engine starter in VC turns only clockwise. In 2D panel i can use left and right mouse button to switch the selector to left and right. At VC it won't work.

Hi Swen,

This is not a bug, all the switches in the VC work the same way.

Björn

Hm, really? But i can switch only clockwise... I will check this tonight...

Yes the only move in one direction, all the switches in the VC only have left mouse click so they only move in one direction.

Björn

I'm a confused now. I can switch in 2D Panel with left and right mouse hit and VC not. On engineer panel left and right click on 3 way switches work. I'm not at home now i will check this again tonight.

I'm a confused now. I can switch in 2D Panel with left and right mouse hit and VC not. On engineer panel left and right click on 3 way switches work. I'm not at home now i will check this again tonight.

Swen,

Yes the F/E panel uses the default 2D gauges and projects these into the cockpit surface, the overhead does not use the default gauges because these buttons are in 3D and move with XML variables so they are programmed into the model and not into the gauges (well sort off). They behave differently.

We decided not to do the complete F/E panel in 3D because then FSX needs to make 3D calculations for each switch on the F/E which would eat frames.

Björn