Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Generators

Redcap

First of all I must say that this is a great product! Good job!

I just completed a successfull tutorial flight, finally a FSX plane i'm happy with!

I just have one small problem, I cannot get any power from both engine gen's. So I have to use APU power during flight..

Have tried reloading the plane and FSX many times and from default cessna with engine running and aviaonocs on. Still eng gen's are dead...

Is it only me?

Thanks again!

Redcap

I have the same problem.

This is with the TutorialA300 and Vista64.

/Curt

Hi Curt annd Redcap,

there is an issue which is being addressed at this moment if. As a fix for the moment If you go to the setup util, and select ground menu, from there re connect CSD's if they are not connected and you may need to Top off the Hydraulic levels. You should then be able to start both engines from the ready from push and start menu and turn off the APU.

The next time you load FSX yopu should not have this issue it is only on 1st use. Please get back to me if it doesn't work.

I have same problem, my solution is use a MENU OF OPTIONS from A300 and put PANEL READY FOR TAXI :). Look that with this option, SLAT is 8 degree in AUTO MODE!!! Only click for FLAPS 8!

Hi Curt annd Redcap,

there is an issue which is being addressed at this moment if. As a fix for the moment If you go to the setup util, and select ground menu, from there re connect CSD's if they are not connected and you may need to Top off the Hydraulic levels. You should then be able to start both engines from the ready from push and start menu and turn off the APU.

The next time you load FSX yopu should not have this issue it is only on 1st use. Please get back to me if it doesn't work.

It works if I use ready from push. But the problem still exist after a restart of FSX.

/Curt

It works if I use ready from push. But the problem still exist after a restart of FSX.

/Curt

Hi Curt,

We are building an updated version which will soon be available and it will solve this issue. As soon as it ready I will let you know.

Steve

Hi Curt,

We are building an updated version which will soon be available and it will solve this issue. As soon as it ready I will let you know.

Steve

Hi,

at the moment i would try this: first select "ready to start" and after that "CoD", this helped me with my power loss problem.

Thanks!

Just did "Ready for pushback" and then "Cold and dark", then it works fine :)

But sometimes I wish there was a status between RFP and CaD. RFP is sometimes too ready, and it's not often pilots start from CaD. Just a sugestion :D

Cheers!

Redcap

Version 1.1 of the A300 is now available to download from Aerosoft and should fix the issue you have been experiencing.

I have now installed the 1.1 version and tried "Tutorial SimCheck A300B4" and it doesn't work.

Nothing from the two engine generators and both engines running.

I installed the new version over the old one.

/Curt

I have now installed the 1.1 version and tried "Tutorial SimCheck A300B4" and it doesn't work.

Nothing from the two engine generators and both engines running.

I installed the new version over the old one.

/Curt

Hi Curt,

it needs to be a fresh install, so you need to uninstall version 1.0. and 1.1 and reinstall version 1.1

Let me know if that works for you.

Take care

Steve

Hi Curt,

it needs to be a fresh install, so you need to uninstall version 1.0. and 1.1 and reinstall version 1.1

Let me know if that works for you.

Take care

Steve

Did an uninstall and a restart.

Installed version 1.1, try to use the same tutorial and still no power from the two engine generators.

/Curt

iHi Curt,

if you start normally do you have power from the generators and if the fault just with the tutorial flight,

Thanks

No, the problem is also there on a normal start.

I just loaded the A300 and started the engines and no power from the generators.

/Curt

Hi Curt,

Could you try this for me please, If you select the setup utility and go to panel state, if this option is available select Ready For Departure, if you have version 1.1 and the latest FSUIPC at least version 4.581 you should find all HYD system are fully operational.

If the systems are still unavailable please select status page from the setup utility. Here it will show your HYD levels and if they need topped up the option will be there, also on the Ground page check the CSD's are connected and if not connect them please.

Let me know how you get on

Hi Curt,

Could you try this for me please, If you select the setup utility and go to panel state, if this option is available select Ready For Departure, if you have version 1.1 and the latest FSUIPC at least version 4.581 you should find all HYD system are fully operational.

If the systems are still unavailable please select status page from the setup utility. Here it will show your HYD levels and if they need topped up the option will be there, also on the Ground page check the CSD's are connected and if not connect them please.

Let me know how you get on

Ok, I had the latest official version, 4.57, of FSUICP installed.

Found a new interim version, 4.587, and now things work much better.

Thanks!

/Curt

Ok, I had the latest official version, 4.57, of FSUICP installed.

Found a new interim version, 4.587, and now things work much better.

Thanks!

/Curt

I am glad you got there in the end, if you have any further problems just let us know.

Take care smile.gif