Is VFR London X worth the (re) buy?

moggel

Captains,

I bought VFR London X 1.0 as it came out. At that time the London City Airport wasn't included and now I'd like to have it. I know it's now included in the current version (1.2) but Horizon's support is confusing at best and I can find no way to download the update anywhere, not even after having logged in to my account.

I'm actually considering buying the product again, this time from Aerosoft, but I need some advice:

London city was very impressive even in v1.0 but there was a problem that pretty much destroyed the whole thing for me: Several kilometers around the city area weren't rendered at all. There was nothing but ground texture. Has this issue been dealt with in version 1.2 or should I simply buy the London City Airport and skip the city itself?

Cheers

/Jonas

Hello Jonas,

The feature list below says it was available since V1.10 but if you have VFR London already you may just want to try buying the airport alone.

Features:

• 120 km² of 3D cityscape
  • 30,000 building objects
  • 50,000 fill objects (vegetation, cranes, boats etc…)
  • Day & night textures
  • New ultra-high resolution (60cm) photographic scenery layer
  • Reflections on buildings where appropriate (e.g. glass etc..)
  • Compatible with VFR England & Wales Vol. 1 - South
  • Incl. London City Airport (from version 1.10)

• Upvote 1

Hello Jonas,

The feature list below says it was available since V1.10 but if you have VFR London already you may just want to try buying the airport alone.

Features:

• 120 km² of 3D cityscape
  • 30,000 building objects
  • 50,000 fill objects (vegetation, cranes, boats etc…)
  • Day & night textures
  • New ultra-high resolution (60cm) photographic scenery layer
  • Reflections on buildings where appropriate (e.g. glass etc..)
  • Compatible with VFR England & Wales Vol. 1 - South
  • Incl. London City Airport (from version 1.10)

Jonas, sorry to interrupt your thread here...

Shaun, where it says 'Compatible with VFR England & Wales Vol. 1 - South ', may I ask who publishes that product ? It doesn't appear to be in the Aerosoft catalogue.

I'm thinking of developing the south of England with VFR London as the centrepiece, so I'd be very interested in getting this VFR England and Wales too.

Paul, I believe Horizon Simulations produce the VFR England and Wales scenery. You can get all three sections bundled for £42 at Flightstore, but, be aware the hard drive hit is very large @ 28gb ish per dvd. I have installed them on a separate drive and they work well enough. In fact night flying is great. If you know your roads you can fly to the airports via maps...great stuff