Scenery problem

F-16 Pilot

Hello,

After 2 weeks of trying, I eventually Scenery Madeira and Tahiti X working in W7. But for some reason, the airport at Madeira is a black blob and I don't know why. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Hello F-16 Pilot,

Can you try this, un-install Madeira and make sure the scenery entry is removed from FSX.

Then right click on the Madeira installer and select,Run as Administrator.

Seems like the photoreal ground textures are not showing for some reason.

Disable all other 3rd party scenery you have except for the 2 affected ones and then check, this checks for compatibility issues.

Already done. I am running both in conpatibility mode for XP

Also what version of FSX do you have installed.

Deluxe

Hello F-16 Pilot,

These 2 sceneries require that you have FSX Service Pack 2 installed.

Please install SP1 and SP2 for FSX if you haven't installed them.

To install SP1 you will need to do a complete fresh install of FSX so you will need to remove all your

3rd party FSX products from it.

Then re-install it as you did from new. If you dont do this and just install SP1 over 3rd party add-ons then some products from other companies will not work

correctly.

Hi Shaun,

We are getting somewhere, I reinstalled SP2 and ran in DX 10 but now its blue:blink:. Also, now I get an error message saying:

Scenery.cfg file error. Local scenery directory (Aerosoft\Madeira X\Texture\Scenery) in scenert Area.073 not found. Click OK to continueror message saying:

Hello F-16 Pilot,

Okay go to the scenery library and find the faulty entry Aerosoft\Madeira X\Texture\ then press the Edit button on the right and show it the correct path. Then when its redone the scenery database go and recheck the scenery.

Hello F-16 Pilot,

Please open the Madeira X Texture folder and see if the following bmps are there.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Madeira X\Texture

LPMA_Base_0001.bmp

LPMA_Base_0001_LM.bmp

through to

LPMA_Base_0013.bmp

LPMA_Base_0013_LM.bmp