VFR London X/London City

mikpen14

Hey question for yas,

I have VFR South England & Wales installed. I also have VFR London X and London City installed aswell.

When I go to London City it appears I have some bleed through of the other sceneries.

I have have moved VFR London and London City to above the VFR SE & W and still get it and I have also moved VFR London and London City completely below VFR SE & W and still get it.

michaelpc2010jan3003.jpg

Shot at 2010-01-02

Any ideas on what I need to do to correct the problem?

Thanks

I had this and thought it was a conflict with JF's VFR Real Scenery, so I bought Gen X and the problem persisted. I eventually found that it is a conflict with VFR Airfields, even with LCY disabled in that. The way to get round it is to disable the London X LCY airport and use the one from VFR Airfields. The level of detail is similar. You might need to check 'disable base image' in the VFR Airfields configuration for LCY to avoid other texture problems.

Regards,

Tom

I had this and thought it was a conflict with JF's VFR Real Scenery, so I bought Gen X and the problem persisted. I eventually found that it is a conflict with VFR Airfields, even with LCY disabled in that. The way to get round it is to disable the London X LCY airport and use the one from VFR Airfields. The level of detail is similar. You might need to check 'disable base image' in the VFR Airfields configuration for LCY to avoid other texture problems.

Regards,

Tom

I have seen this without VFR Airfields / Gen X installed. So that may not be the cause........but, I do wonder if the photo scenery supplied with London X may have a relationship with this problem at EGLC.

Thanks for the help fellas, I guess I am going to have to just live with it, unless there is a patch that is put out, but I don't imagine that is going to happen.

Thanks again.

I should point out that this usually happens with small planes ( Cessnas etc )......as they are not allowed to fly into EGLC I usually don't use them there, I know - it's a geek thing, this issue is not present when I fly my Fokker 50. However, the problem does exist.

I had suspicions about that. My guess is that the Aerosoft EGLC needs to be slightly higher than default for the textures to show............

...However, I'd rather have that issue than the plain old default eglc - without doubt.

Hey Shaun;

I have installed the new update for the scenery. Aside from changing the AFCAD it also changes the runway numbers from 28 to 27 which you can see is the picture.

Hello Folks,

Unfortunately fixes dont happen overnight, the issue gets reported then sent off to the various developers who make the product and then they have to work on them to resolve them. As and when we get these back then we will announce updates etc.

However saying that if I believe something is taking longer than it should then I will restomp my feet.

I've had this before with EGLC. I believe it is related to conflicting AFCADs, even if you have Aerosofts AFCAD at the highest level any others can still conflict.

Something to try; search your FSX folder for EGLC and identify which are AFCAD files. Remove all but the Aerosoft AFCAD i.e. uk2000 vfr airfields, TrafficX or similar. Keep the files safe or just rename them to something like .bgl_old.

If I remember correctly this solved the issue for me.

Good Luck

Chris

• 1 month later...