PARIS VFR

Guest pao

At this moment this product is not on our schedule as it (so far) did not give is the quality we hoped to get.

I'm very interested in French sceneries, and there seems to be some really good ones made by FranceVFR. Unfortunately their websites are in french (unfortunately they did not teach french at my middle school), and their ground texture resolution for many sceneries are not updated to FSX standard yet.

A partnership with Aerosoft for the international marked, would really be appreciated! But I guess this option has been attempted?

Unfortunatly I don't believe that FranveVFR is interested in working with Aerosoft.

They seem to be "jelous" that Aerosoft/SimWings has made sceneries for France (Marseille, Paris, Nice). They don't help, that these products are compatible with their phototextures. Instead they are building the very same airport-sceneries by themeselves (Marseille, Paris, Nice). What a waste coz their standarts are not up with SimWings-standarts. They should concentrate on the other airports and I think there are lots. The whole country of France is simulationwise not very far developted in FS9/FSX.

Bernhard

Hello, my understanding is that France VFR will cover the whole of France at FSX standard at their own pace.

And they have announced a FSX version of Paris so Aerosoft should most likely focuss on something else imho.

A photoreal version of Austria would be cool in the same standart than swiss pro fsx.

Etienne

I am french, i live 500 meters from Nice airport, and i have been one of the happiest people when aerosoft released their LFMN scenery . A fantastic job has been done on this product . As a french flightsim enthusiast, i have been expecting a lot from France VFR developpers, hoping that my country would be in a reasonable delay entirely covered by photorealistic scenery+autogen . Unfortunatly, the reality is different : When Aerosoft is able to make the entire Germany +big airports + vfr aiports, France VFR is very far behind with only a few regions with incredible and unacceptable delays in the making, anf very poor rendering airports. ( for example, they have been promising the release of Bretagne for fsx more than 6 months ago, there is still nothing in sight) . On an other hand, their support forum is very unfriendly, and the only comments they accept are good ones . No hope to be help if you insinuate that something is wrong with a scenery .

I am a frequent user of Germany by aerosoft : great product, beautiful colors, nice landmark and autogen . I have never been to Germany, but now, with my VFR maps, i am glad to discover it a bit. And above all, very fast loadings of the scenery. (Aerosoft scenery=2 mn, FranceVFR scenery=11 mn....)

So, you easily understand that i don't like france vfr products . And i think i am not the only one .

The French Market is wide opened for Aerosoft in my opinion : For VFR scenery covering all french territory, and for airport packages as well .

The annoucement of a French large scenery project would be a real Christmas gift to me !

Long life to aerosoft !

I'm very interested in French sceneries, and there seems to be some really good ones made by FranceVFR. Unfortunately their websites are in french (unfortunately they did not teach french at my middle school), and their ground texture resolution for many sceneries are not updated to FSX standard yet.

A partnership with Aerosoft for the international marked, would really be appreciated! But I guess this option has been attempted?

Unfortunatly I don't believe that FranveVFR is interested in working with Aerosoft.

They seem to be "jelous" that Aerosoft/SimWings has made sceneries for France (Marseille, Paris, Nice). They don't help, that these products are compatible with their phototextures. Instead they are building the very same airport-sceneries by themeselves (Marseille, Paris, Nice). What a waste coz their standarts are not up with SimWings-standarts. They should concentrate on the other airports and I think there are lots. The whole country of France is simulationwise not very far developted in FS9/FSX.

Bernhard

I have had no problrem with VFR france, have you tried writing to them? I do not speak or write French but The people at VFR France do speak & write in perfect English. I have found that if I have a problem that they normaly reply to my posts in less than 24hrs and go out of their way to help. I also did a search on Goggle and found clear instructions to follow that show how to get Areosofts marseille to work with the VFR scenery,& I have Nice from Areosoft working with the VFR Riviara scenery & also I have Areosoft Paris working with VFR paris, So I dont see the problem.

It all works together & they support fs9 & fsx at no extra cost :D

I have had no problrem with VFR france, have you tried writing to them? I do not speak or write French but The people at VFR France do speak & write in perfect English. I have found that if I have a problem that they normaly reply to my posts in less than 24hrs and go out of their way to help. I also did a search on Goggle and found clear instructions to follow that show how to get Areosofts marseille to work with the VFR scenery,& I have Nice from Areosoft working with the VFR Riviara scenery & also I have Areosoft Paris working with VFR paris, So I dont see the problem.

It all works together & they support fs9 & fsx at no extra cost

Geoff, from your post I think you use FS9?

I use FSX and have 90% of France VFR products and there are most certainly problems, although this may vary from one user to another.

These problems go both ways, as Aerosoft and France VFR do not look over each others shoulders regarding compatibility which would be an enormous task in itself.

One problem is Aerosoft Charles de Gaulle and France VFR Paris (all 4 parts). Both products interfere with each other and you end up having to choose which one should not suffer. This is also the case with other products.

I agree that France VFR are supportive of their products and many of these products are very good. Although some of their products for FS9 is patched to work in FSX as well, which not always gives optimal results.

One thing baffles me though and thats their project priorities. Recently they had many long awaited sceneries in the making and suddenly out of nowhere appears a new 4.75m mesh. In my opinion this mesh has minimal impact, even less if you had their now old 38m. And also now a new scenery for the island Corsica is underway for which they already have a reanoble good one :wacko:

I agree with a poster above that they should stick to the regional airports and regions, which are excellent (highly recommend Aix-les-Bains).

Michael