London X revisited

mhlarsen

Yesterday I took a closer look at EGLC and the surroundings.

Suddenly I have flickering runway textures, deep lines through the water and also water creeping up on the banks <_<

What could cause this? I have a lot of addons, but most are now disabled to find the cause of this, especially my UK addons ofcourse. I also have UTX Europe (now disabled) and GEX Europe.

The attached pics are from my last reinstall, showing both banks around EGLC.

All London X entries are on top of the scenery library.

Michael

2009-11-13_15-17-30-728.BMP

2009-11-13_16-38-25-895.BMP

• Upvote 1

turn off directX ?.....that causes the flickering runway.

DirectX is not turned on.

But checking this I wanted to make sure its turned off, and selecting No in the RenameTool gives an error message 'Error renaming file'??? :huh:

Are you using update v1.30 - I tried that and had problems with the textures, they were not flickering but they seemed to be a lower resolution. I also had collisions with invisible objects. I reverted back to update V1.20 and it seems fine now. Although the runway texture did disappear while taxiing towards the beginning of RW28 (27 now) - mostly at twilight/night.

Are you using update v1.30 - I tried that and had problems with the textures, they were not flickering but they seemed to be a lower resolution. I also had collisions with invisible objects. I reverted back to update V1.20 and it seems fine now. Although the runway texture did disappear while taxiing towards the beginning of RW28 (27 now) - mostly at twilight/night.

I am using the London X 1.20 box version, I didn't even know there was a 1.30. This does not show up among my updates on Aerosoft website.

Dx10 preview is not enabled in my FSX settings though.

Michael

v1.30 should be available to you. It has changed the heading of the parked aircraft so they are correctly facing out towards the runway and it also changes the runway headings too.....but the collision problem makes it annoying to use as I use fspassengers and I like to taxi and park properly.