GAP 2 X Installer for FS9

Goulash

Hi,

Recently bought the GAP 2 X bundle for FS9. I installed GAP 2 X, you get to choose which airports you want, then it asks the magic question, do you want the static aircraft? I didn't check the box thinking that means no. Fired up FS9 to find static aircraft at Hannover and Munster/Osnabruck. The other airports in the bundle didn't have static aircraft. Is there a way to get rid of them or update the installer please? I have version 1.00. I checked in the updates section on the main aerosoft site and not found anything about this.

Also just installed the GAP 3 X bundle and that all works fine, no statics.

Check the following folder:

FS2004/Aerosoft/German Airports 2/scenery

Look after these files and rename them

EDDV_9_stat.bgl -> EDDV_9_stat.off

EDDV_9_stat_ga.bgl -> EDDV_9_stat_ga.off

EDDG_9_stat.bgl -> EDDG_9_stat.off

EDDG_9_stat_ga.bgl -> EDDG_9_stat_ga.off

The files with _ga are for the General Aviation Aircraft. You can rename them independently.

hoping I could help you,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Checked for those bgl files as i assumed anything with stat means static but none of those bgl files are present in my scenery folders for those two airports. Remember this is the bundle packages i'm mentioning for the recent releases and those bgl files might be in the older version of GAP 2.

The only stat bgl files i can find in both sceneries that mention stat are these ones

EDDG_stat-fahrzeuge.BGL

EDDV_stat-fahrzeuge.BGL

EDDG_fs9_stat.BGL

eddg_fs9_stat_lib_LIB.bgl

eddv_fs9_stat_lib_LIB.bgl

*EDIT*

Seems the last two are the ones to change. That definately gets rid of them. I'll have to make a new afcad file to open those extra gates up but that's easy enough. Could still do with looking at by the powers that be imho ;)

Hi Shaun,

I'm afraid not. Which ever option i choose, be it statics or no statics all i get is this file in the EDDV 2006 scenery folder,

AF2_eddv_gap-team-with_static_airplanes.bgl

and in the Munster/Osnabruck folder EDDG 2007 scenery folder all i get is this one

AF2_eddg_gap-team_with_static_airplanes.bgl

As mentioned, the problem is only with these two airports, the rest of the sceneries included in GAP 2 X have no statics when requested on the installer

Shaun,

I've reinstalled about 6 times now and the only afcad that shows up is the one with the statics. I've now made my own but i was wondering if this is some bizarre event happening to just me or do others suffer from it as well. Only affects the two airports mentioned earlier

Shaun,

That's kind of my point. I think this is an issue bundle related, why it would be nice to hear from others who have the GAP2 X bundle for FS9 and see if they suffer from the same issue. I strongly suspect it's a problem with the installer, i mean why does it only affect the two airports mentioned and not the others?