Installing on Windows 7

css2009

Hi, after installing City Bus Simulator (english version) on Windows 7 64 bit, it requires me to activate the program and input the serial number every time I start it up. I've activated it 3 times already. Is this due to an incompatability with Windows 7 or some other issue?

Also, what do you need to do when beginning the tutorial lesson? Nothing seems to happen when I walk to the orange highlighted area or to the bus.

Thanks,

Craig

Hi, after installing City Bus Simulator (enlish version) on Windows 7 64 bit, it requires me to activate the program and input the serial number every time I start it up. I've activated it 3 times already. Is this due to an incompatability with Windows 7 or some other issue?

Run the program as administrator, enter the serial number, and it will save it properly. It can then be run normally from then on. It's the same with Vista, I burned off 2 activations on mine...

Also, what do you need to do when beginning the tutorial lesson? Nothing seems to happen when I walk to the orange highlighted area or to the bus.

Watching this 3-part tutorial walkthrough will most likely help get through it:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHWrEBKLk7I

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQo9TyJf758

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJBqpio5NsE

Thanks for the help, it is now working. I used up 4 activations to get the game setup huh.gif

Seems the default key setup doesn't assign the "interact" function to the left mouse button so I reassigned it and it's working as shown in the tutorial video. Thanks again.

Craig

Hello there STonecold,

I have question regarding that administrator function. I have a laptop and here I only have one user, my user, and this is an administrator. Unfortunately I keep getting that message saying to enter the serial key, what is getting quite annoying now. Is there still something I am doing wrong? Besides that, why do I have to set my key-function every time after a new start-up of the game, does that have something to do with that registering or...

Thanks for now, and I wish you a nice weekend,

Swayze

Hello there STonecold,

I have question regarding that administrator function. I have a laptop and here I only have one user, my user, and this is an administrator. Unfortunately I keep getting that message saying to enter the serial key, what is getting quite annoying now. Is there still something I am doing wrong? Besides that, why do I have to set my key-function every time after a new start-up of the game, does that have something to do with that registering or...

Thanks for now, and I wish you a nice weekend,

Swayze

You need to right-click on the game icon (start menu, desktop, doesn't matter), and click "Run as administrator" on the menu that pops up. You may need to accept or allow this if/when the UAC prompt pops up. This will run it with full administrator privileges that one time only, and should save the key. Once the key is saved, you can run the game normally (without running as administrator) from then on. :)

Your regular user account being an "administrator" level user is not the same thing as being a direct clone of the hidden "Administrator" user account. Your regular user account is still limited by Vista/7's User Access Control, and certain things will still need to obtain administrator privileges via automatic UAC popup or manually selecting "Run as Administrator" from the right-click menu.

• 4 weeks later...

hi, just got the game today (Boxed Ver.)

Just wanna ask why is it that I have to set all the controls again every time i start the game? and the games aren't saved when i click save the game..

Any suggestions? I am using Windows 7,

I am running as admin, turned off UAC and have no problem with the registration key.

Thanks!<br><br><br>

Hello jxision,

Please see the thread here.

Try this also, right click on the City Bus Simulator 2010 - New York start icon and select properties.

Then select the Comptability Tab.

At the very bottom you should see Privilege Level, check the box next to "Run this program as an Administrator" and then press apply.

Then you can start the game normally by clicking on the icon and it should then run okay.