Repainters Required, Prizes to be won.

Shaun Fletcher

Hi there Shaun,

I was wondering if you ever got ahold of Danton, I don't think it should have taken a week to pick out a winner, not that I'm in a hurry. We havent seen a post from him on the forum for a while, and like someone said, not even a thank you for the submissions that everyone sent in. That would have been nice on his part if he did. But he's leaving us all out in the cold with no word on any kind of decision, or even how we will be informed of a winner yet. The people that sent in their re-paints spent a lot of time and effort in doing, them and I think he could have made an bit of an effort to let us know what is happening, instead of leaving us all in the dark like this. Just my thought on the situation and no reflection at all on Aerosoft.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earl.....relax... I dont think a definative date was set for anouncing a winner was ever mentioned rather just the closing date of November 1st. These things take time. I enter a lot of photographic compititions and some of them take upto 3 months after the closing date to come up with a winner!

Hello Folks,

A mail I received from Danton a short while back.

Also, we should be picking a winner this weekend, so I will forward the information next week. Thanks for sponsoring this! We really got some great entries. Best, Danton

So I am just awaiting his results folks, Hang on in there a little longer.

I promise you you will have a winner and a freebie to all those that entered.

Hello Folks,

A mail I received from Danton a short while back.

So I am just awaiting his results folks, Hang on in there a little longer.

I promise you you will have a winner and a freebie to all those that entered.

I have complete confidence in the FSBreak guys - they have a lot going on and I wouldn't expect results right away. As Redeye00 noted, it takes some time. I just had fun burning that midnight oil getting it done. The results are really inconsequential but I am certain they will come around.

Fly and have fun... :)

Bman.

First, let me express my sincerest apologies to all those who submitted entries for my delay in responding! There were factors beyond my control at work, but I'm not going to make any excuses. Had I seen the posts made after the contest deadline before today, I would have responded immediately to explain the delay in the judging.

Second, let me express my very humble apology to Aerosoft and Shaun as well for my delay. They have been extremely gratious in sponsoring this contest and supporting the FSBreak podcast generally. No one should get the impression that Aerosoft or Shaun are in any way responsible for my delay. Nor, for that matter, is it the fault of my cohosts at FSBreak.

Third, it is hard to describe how impressed we were by the incredible quality of all the submissions and how much we appreciate everyone's very hard work.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL WHO ENTERED!

Best, Danton

ps: more below

Aerosoft was EXTREMELY generous in offering a free download to everyone who submitted an entry, with three free downloads for the winner.

I have sent Shaun an email requesting that he make the single download available to all the entrants. That way, when the winner is selected, all that will have to be done is provide him with the two extra downloads. Given the number of entries and all his other responsibilities, this may take a couple of days, so please be patient. The delay was solely my own.

With the contest deadline of November 1st, the first chance the hosts of FSBreak would have had to review the entries and select a winner was the episode that would have been recorded this past Sunday, November 8th. (We record Sunday evenings and then post the podcast to www.fsbreak.net, iTunes, etc. three days later.)

For several reasons we were not able to record a new episode this past Sunday -- the first time since the podcast began last January -- so we posted a retrospective episode covering some of the developments over the past year instead. Therefore, we will make our selection when we record this coming Sunday, November 15th. We will email the winner directly, forward the winner's name to Shaun, and then it will be in the podcast released November 18th.

We take the judging of this contest very seriously. Out of respect for all the effort of those who entered and given the importance to us of all the entries -- the winning entry in particular -- we wanted to have a collective discussion to carefully consider all the designs before making a final choice. Given a choice between doing it fast and doing it right, we are going to do it right. My error, as I readily acknowledge, was failing to keep the entrants up to date on the timetable.

The winning entry will be the lead/host livery for the Around the World journey we want to begin in January. We will be flying 2-3 hour legs each week on Vatsim and hope to be joined by as many listeners and others who want to fly along. At a minimum this is a year-long undertaking. It could easily last significantly longer. My hope is to also make other entries available for those who fly along with us so they can pick the livery they like best. There are so many great submissions, and it would be nice for those who did not win to know that their work might still be flown by others in 2010 and beyond.

That is the schedule for judging and announcing the winner. If anyone has any questions or comments, please email me directly at danton@fsbreak.net .

Finally, it is worth repeating my own gratitude and the appreciation of everyone at the FSBreak podcast for all the great entries, as well as my apologies to the entrants, Aerosoft, and Shaun for the delay in updating everyone on the status of things.

Best, Danton

Hi Danton,

thank you very much for your reply.

Just one beg: please make a short note here in the forum if the mails for the downloads go out;

I fear that this mail is sorted out by my spam filter.... :blink:

Thank you again for this competition and also thanks to Aerosoft!

Thanks Danton for that very nice post! I shall be waiting anxiously for the podcast! I feel awed and happy when I hear you guys take this so seriously, and I know I couldn't have had more luck with the people judging over this. I'm sure you'll do a good job, and may the best entry win!

*is excited*

I want to be clear that all the credit for this great contest belongs to Shaun! clapping_s.gif (The failure to update this thread, however, I was sadly able to do all by myself. embaressed_s.giffallingbricks_s.gifbanghead1_s.gif)

I had asked Shaun if he knew a repainter who might help me with a custom livery for the lead plane of our World Tour coming it. We wanted to use the Carenado Mooney, which I knew was available for purchase directly from Aerosoft. When a friend of his wasn't able to do it, he suggested making a contest out of it -- with the incentive of a free download for each entrant and three for the winner! We at FSBreak were blown away by Shaun and Aerosoft's generosity, and the entries have blown us away too.ohmy.gifeyepop_s.gifcool.gif

We still have a tough choice ahead of us this Sunday. confused_s.gifhuh.gif But we will advise the winner personally by Monday and then announce it Wednesday on the podcast AND in the forums. BTW, we will be discussing at least a few of our finalists on the show -- as well as a LOT of other cool stuff -- during next week's episode. If you haven't checked us out before, I encourage you to have a listen. You can download the audio file or stream it from www.fsbreak.com , subscribe via iTunes, or sign up for the RSS feed.

In the meantime, our continued thanks to the entrants, Aerosoft, and Shaun.groupwave_s.gifcheers_s.gifbow_down2_s.gifgoodjob_s.gif

BTW, as you well know Aerosoft has always hosted great contests and we hope to do even more at FSBreak, so stay tuned.wink.gif

Best, Danton

PS: Yes, I like emoticons laugh.gif. And yes, I believe this is a personal record for me in terms of the number incorporated in one thread.biggrin.gif

Hi All,

On behalf of the hosts of the FSBreak podcast, I'm pleased to announce that we've finished our judging of the livery contest. It was extremely difficult because the entries were all outstanding.

The grand prize winner will receive 3 downloads total, and his livery will be flown by me.

Thanks to Shaun and Aerosoft, each of the other hosts were permitted to select their own favorite as runners up. The three runners up will receive 2 downloads total each, and their entries will be flown by my cohosts.

I have notified all four winners by private message. Even if you were not selected, thanks for the excellent work and you will receive 1 free download.

We would very much appreciate it if all entrants who did not win would send me a copy of their texture files minus my name and registration number so that our listeners will have the option of flying your livery on our world tour.

I expect that Shaun will be in touch with everyone sometime this week to let you know how to receive your downoad(s).

Thanks so much to Aerosoft and Shaun for sponsoring this AWESOME contest, especially for expanding the already VERY generous prize pool to include a second download for the three runners up! And thanks so much to all of you who entered!

The FSBreak podcast in which we discuss the entries and announce the winners will be available Wednesday at www.fsbreak.net .

Best, Danton

It wasn't me either, but congrat's go out to the winners.

But then, if we look at it, there are no losers here, for we are all winners.I would like to thank Danton, and all those involved from Aerosoft and fsBreak, along with all the painters, for this opportunity to participate in a great contest.

Thank you all....clap_s.gifglider_s.gif

Yay!

By the way, I sent you the paint without your name and tail number, Danton.

Thanks, I appreciate it and hope everyone else will do so too in order that listeners joining us on the tour will have the option of selecting the livery you worked so hard to paint. Best, Danton

I will be packing up a copy of mine as well Danton, without the Reg# and you name for you too use as well, I'll email it when I get it ready sometime this weekend..

Thanks for everything Danton, and I did d/l the podcast instead of streaming it as you mentioned in you email too me...

Earl

KUROCL...

Congratulations!!!!

And thanks to Aerosoft and FSBraek for the contest!!!

btw. the part with the contest in the FSBreak Podcast begins after about 1:40h playtime...

thanks guys... it was a pleasure to hear you spelling my nickname :D