FSX Rewards

Just Fly

Hi!

I recently found two sites with a complete list of FSX Deluxe and Acceleration rewards. I know it's a little cheating, but I was very surprised when I discovered that I didn't have lots of "hidden" rewards (well, they are not really hidden, but you don't get them if you just fly the mission as you should do). For anyone interested:

• Upvote 1

By the way, does anybody have the following problem: on the first site (http://www.simtours.net/rewards.php), in the Acceleration medals list, there is the following reward http://www.simtours.net/rewards/FSXX_rewards-131.jpg, earned for the mission Accident Response.

I verified - I DON'T HAVE THIS MISSION!

Am I the only one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Nobody interested?sad.gif

I don't have the Acceleration pack, just the standard FSX Deluxe with SP1 and 2. I don't have this mission either, so perhaps it's avaiable only with the Acceleration pack or maybe the Gold Version.

I don't have the Acceleration pack, just the standard FSX Deluxe with SP1 and 2. I don't have this mission either, so perhaps it's avaiable only with the Acceleration pack or maybe the Gold Version.

I run FSX Deluxe and Acceleration. As I wrote in my first post, you can find this reward under Acceleration rewards category, so it shoud be included in that pack.wink.gif

I would say there are several rewards that don't seem to be linked to Acceleration missions, for example Canyon racing and Secret Island racing. :o

Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe those are leftovers from missions that didn't finally make it into the pack.

• Upvote 1

I would say there are several rewards that don't seem to be linked to Acceleration missions, for example Canyon racing and Secret Island racing. ohmy.gif

Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe those are leftovers from missions that didn't finally make it into the pack.

Hi!

I wouldn't like to seem nasty, but you see, even an FSX developper can discover something new!wink.gif

These missions are included in the Acceleration package, but they are multiplayer missions. You can fly them by simply doing the following steps:

• Go in the multiplayer menu
  • Host a multiplayer session
  • To load one of the missions, the host needs to select Mission as the "Session type."
  • Once the host has read the briefing and set any desired hosting options, other players can join the session.

Note: If you want to practice flying alone to learn a course, you can fly a multiplayer race as a single player. Simply host a multiplayer session (preferably via a LAN) without any other players and fly the race. There won't be any other aircraft in the race, but as a result, you'll always win!

If you want to get bonus-missions, you can download them for free from www.fsinsider.com (Downloads) .

You can find more about these mutiplayer-missions in the learning center.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks

JustFly -

ISTR the Accident Response reward is for Acceleration's Coast Guard Transport mission.

You can also earn rewards in freeflight. ;)

FSX - Rewards - Visit Series - Countries - COLLECTION

Purpose

To reward those of you who already fly extensively,

or for those who don't yet,

to further encourage you to do so. ;)

Overview

In "Free-Flight", (aka Sand-Box),

every time you successfully land at any airport,

that airport's ICAO code is recorded in your logbook.

FSX introduced a "Reward" system.

Most flyers being familiar with rewards granted for successfully flying "Missions".

However,

in free-flight there's also a limited set of rewards,

e.g. granted for landing at specific airports, (8 rewards, 17 airports total).

Visit Series

"Visit Series" rewards utilise this free-flight mechanism,

potentially granting rewards for landing at airports in your -

- Local area.

- State/Province/Region.

- Country.

World Coverage

Installing both COLLECTION - STARTER PACKs

should give entire FSX world "Country" coverage,

at least at the BASIC level, of 1 reward per "Country".

For countries with large numbers of airports

MASTER rewards of increased granulation, (multiple rewards per "Country"),

are currently available for several of these.

Further MASTER reward sets will be released as & when completed.

Example of some available rewards -

fsx-rewards-visit_series_countries_uk_800x600.th.jpg

I've now included a coverage map

visitseriescountriesworfv3.th.jpg

Click to view full size.

Key

White = BASIC - Future upgradable to MASTER.

Yellow = BASIC - Non-upgradeable, too few airports.

Green = MASTER - Available multi-reward per country.

Download From

FS-Shipyards - Visit Series - Countries - COLLECTION - STARTER PACKS

Feedback To

FS-Shipyards - FS-Rewards

Quick-Hit Listing

For the easier to earn rewards there's a Quick-Hit Listing.

PS

If you want to check which airports your logbook has recorded landings at -

Jean-Christophe Arnulfo created a nice FSX Logbook Viewer (fsxlogbook 1.00D),

Includes summary info, and sortable lists.

Paul Donnelly

BASys

August 2008

EDIT -

Corrected URLs after domain change.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Dave -

All links are now working.

FS-Shipyards was offline for 3 days.

Don't know what your problem with AVSIM was, (downloads were offline briefly).

HTH

ATB

Paul

• 5 months later...

Don't feel ignored, Just Fly, I have bookmarked this to gain some brownie points and impress myself at the very least!!

Don't worry, I don't laugh.gif ! Aerosoft forums are so welcoming and friendly!

In fact, I even forgot I ever posted it... But I'm glad this could help you to discover some new things in FSX wink.gif .

• 3 months later...

I quite like the FSX rewards, when I found those sites I set out to get as many as I could, highest and lowest, shortest and longest airport ETC, one reward that apparently exists is the Eiffel Tower reward in the Paris airshow that can be won by flying close to it, never been able to get it in that mission or free flight ... I suspect SP1 or SP2/acceleration broke it? (there are other slightly broken missions too) every time I have to re-install FSX I keep meaning to install just FSX, try that mission again for the reward (that can be saved) but keep forgetting.

Well, I'm not sure, but I suppose we need to fly very close to the Eiffel Tower (during the mission, not in free flight) in order to get this reward.

BTW, just got the FSX Beta Testing Reward (as shown in this video). But does anyone know how to get the Acceleration Beta Testing Reward?

Well, I'm not sure, but I suppose we need to fly very close to the Eiffel Tower (during the mission, not in free flight) in order to get this reward.

BTW, just got the FSX Beta Testing Reward (as shown in this video). But does anyone know how to get the Acceleration Beta Testing Reward?

Yep, practically scraped the paint off the Airbus on the tower in the mission, I've flown left/right, above ... I'd have tried flying under if the Airbus could fit :) I'm sure the mission is now broke since SP1/SP2, other original missions have oddity's since the service packs ... next time I re-install FSX I *will* fly this mission again before adding Acceleration.

• 2 months later...

Yep, practically scraped the paint off the Airbus on the tower in the mission, I've flown left/right, above ... I'd have tried flying under if the Airbus could fit :) I'm sure the mission is now broke since SP1/SP2, other original missions have oddity's since the service packs ... next time I re-install FSX I *will* fly this mission again before adding Acceleration.

To add to this, I recently installed FSX on a second PC without FSX SP1 or SP2 or Acceleration (or any add ons of any kind) tried the Paris airshow mission again several times and could not get the Eiffel Tower reward, did some more research and found although the reward is technically there (IE it can be seen in the code) MS chose not to or forgot to incorporate it as a winnable reward, one of the many bugs in FSX we'll have to write off.