German Airfields

jordancollins

I think we can let the cat out of the bag now. The airfields series will not be finished for FSX. BUT you'll get the most exciting parts of Germany (South and Noth), and most of them are already finished: 1-3 are northern Germany with all those nice islands (4 will be coming, not sure when though) and Christoph will soon have finished the southern packs.

I rarely "bitch and moan" on this forum (only time I did was when Aerosoft announced the Falcon), but if it really is true that the German Airfields-series will not be completed, then I must say that I'm very, very dissapointed in Aerosoft :boohoo_s: . I'm even inclined to use the same words Mathijs used in a recent interview to describe Aerosoft's feelings towards Microsoft. Surely when the project was discussed/announced it must have been foreseen that you needed someone on site? And even if you don't have a developer in the region, Germany is not that big that you can't send someone on a photoshoot mission for a couple of days? Especially since you're willing to spend way more money developing your own sim. Germany is the largest market for Aerosoft and you're willing to annoy a large part of those customers :mallet_s: ? Leaving out volumes 5 to 8, and with it a wide band right across the width of Germany, would IMHO be a bad decision :groan_s: .

So I'm hoping Aerosoft will revise its decision and finish the series in the quality that we've come to know from the other parts. If not, then I guess I will spend my money "down under". In the meantime however I will refrain from buying additional parts in the German Airfields/German Airports/VFR Germany-series.

Lawman, so you suggest that we don't start with a series if we can't promise to finish it? Not our policy. ;)

We're most definitely not happy about this announcement, but there's just nothing we an do about it now (apart from finding new developers, which we do).

Thorsten, I know my little rant there won't influence Aerosoft's business decisions and I admit my tone might have been a bit harsh. But the GAF/GAP/VFR-project was (at least PR-wise) announced as a coherent project and I think a lot of simmers (especially our German friends) really looked forward to having such a project done for an entire country. That makes people want to invest in such a huge project (which would set each customer back about €720,-). So Aerosoft certainly built expectations there. Leaving some parts out of it is like building an Austin Martin DB9 and then leave the steering wheel out.

As long as they keep the engine I would still love this car. :D

Well, any thief sure would be surprised trying to steal a DB9, only to find it has no steering wheel :D.

• 1 year later...

Any news about this project? 11 was in the pipeline 1,5 years ago, but is it still?

I only recently switched from FS2004 to FSX so for me it's all new, and I'd very much like to have all those smaller airports. In FS2004 I used Scenery Germany for that, altough I didn't care about the landscape. It was strictly for the airfields. Now in FSX I'm up with nothing.

Lawman, so you suggest that we don't start with a series if we can't promise to finish it? Not our policy. ;)

I think if this would be your policy you'd make a lot of customers much happier than you make them now. Of course it's all up to you, I can only say what I think about it.