Malllorca X AFCAD problem on FSX

Alvega

Hi

It seems there is something wrong with the AFCAD's of both LEPA and LESB. Looks like the appron and taxiways are missing.

The aircraft looks like it's taxiing on dirt.

Here is a screenshot of my Lepa AFCAD:

1245493348-clip-96kb.jpg

1245493666-clip-61kb.jpg

What's wrong?

Thanks.

• Developer

Hi,

when you follow the yellow taxilines your aicraft won´t emit dirt.

Taxiing into prohibited areas like seen on your screenshot will cause dirt at the wheels.

Thorsten

Hi,

when you follow the yellow taxilines your aicraft won´t emit dirt.

Taxiing into prohibited areas like seen on your screenshot will cause dirt at the wheels.

Thorsten

Why is that? Can it be fixed?

Never seen this on other sceneries.

Why is that? Can it be fixed?

Never seen this on other sceneries.

Of course, it could be fixed, if you accept a noticeable drop of framerates...!? But for what? There is really no need (and no sense) to taxi aside the taxiway guideline. We decided to implement the framerate-friendly variant ;)

I see, a new approach. I don't know if i like it though. Guess it depends on how "noticeable" that drop would be. But probably i will never know (unless you could share a number).

Sometimes i like to taxi freely around the airport (to make some screenshots or so), but i can live without that, or do it in slew mode if i have to.

Thanks for replying, Mike.

Regards.

I see, a new approach. I don't know if i like it though. Guess it depends on how "noticeable" that drop would be. But probably i will never know (unless you could share a number).

Sometimes i like to taxi freely around the airport (to make some screenshots or so), but i can live without that, or do it in slew mode if i have to.

Thanks for replying, Mike.

Regards.

Yepp, just do this in the slew mode. It's a faster moving anyway ;)

For your understanding: In FSX it is necessary to define a apron-area to have a hard (and hence clean) surface. In FS9 this is not necessary. To fit in a perfect way with the visible Apron-area it contains a lot of nodes (corner marks) which must be calculated in the simulation, together with the surface which will be produced at the same time, even these is not visible. Due to the fact, that FSX has not a lot of performance-reserves, it's the better way to leave this away. But you can try this out by yourself if you want. You have AFX (see your screenshot above), so just try it out for yourself. But safe the original file first.