Aes Questions

hello,

I have some questions about the AES product from Aerosoft, and I would appreciate it if someone could answer them:

-From what I understand, AES 2 is simply AES 1.99, but adapted for FSX. And AES 3.0 is a completely new product designed for FSX, to be released this year. Am I correct?

-Will AES 2 (or indeed AES 3) allow AI traffic to call for vehicles (such as catering, fuel, pushback etc) and jetways to dock to them?

-What improvements, if any, does AES 2 offer over AES 1.99?

Thanks!

• Developer
-From what I understand, AES 2 is simply AES 1.99, but adapted for FSX. And AES 3.0 is a completely new product designed for FSX, to be released this year. Am I correct?

Correct, but AES 3.0 is also FS9 and FSX orriented.

-Will AES 2 (or indeed AES 3) allow AI traffic to call for vehicles (such as catering, fuel, pushback etc) and jetways to dock to them?

AES 2.0 no, AES 3.0 maybe.

-What improvements, if any, does AES 2 offer over AES 1.99?

Answered yourself with first statement.

• Developer
hello,

Sorry to bother you again about this, but could you explain to me at all what AESLite is? I've tried to do a search here, but there's nothing.

AESLite is not a seperate product, its part of some newer Sceneries of GAP or Simwings, which adds animated traffic around the airport and on the apron. Has nothing directly to do with AES.

For FSX only GAP EDDH and Simwing Mega Paris is availble with AESlite at the moment, the other will follow later.

AES 2.0 = AES 1.99b + FSX

... ugh, really ?!?

I don't care a lot about AES servicing AI traffic, but I thought that at least AES 2.0 (in FS9) could already bring us an effective refuelling truck, without waiting for AES 3.0 !!!

:blink:

Well, see you there anyway !!!

Eu (honored to be the italian marshaller's voice).

By the way Oliver, will the push back truck still appear out of nowhere in FSX AES 2? Or has this been improved on? :P

I'm interested in buying credits for this. If I buy AES 1.9 credits now, will I still be able to use those credits to enable AES in airports under FSX, or will I have to buy additional "AES 2" credits?

By the way Oliver, will the push back truck still appear out of nowhere in FSX AES 2? Or has this been improved on? :P

I'm interested in buying credits for this. If I buy AES 1.9 credits now, will I still be able to use those credits to enable AES in airports under FSX, or will I have to buy additional "AES 2" credits?

Hi,

you can use your credits to activate AES2.0 Airports. So you don't have to buy special AES2.0 Credits.

dreamflyer

• Developer

Enhancements will follow later, at the moment I have more problems to get around all the rocks, the FSX will place on the way to the release of a stayble code. <_<

If you can use the 1.99 credits in AES 2.0 for the FSX airports will depent on the assignments you use them now. If you assign credits to FS9 only airports now, they are gone for FSX airports. If you enable airports, which will be compatible in both FS Versions will work also in AES 2.0 for FSX.

If you don't use the FS9, no need to buy credits now.

hello,

So AES 2 will automatically pick up which sceneries in FS9 have AES enabled and configure the fsx versions with AES?

The problem is, I have Mega Airport Heathrow. Are the two versions for FS9 and FSX different sceneries?

• Aerosoft
AES 2.0 = AES 1.99b + FSX

... ugh, really ?!?

I don't care a lot about AES servicing AI traffic, but I thought that at least AES 2.0 (in FS9) could already bring us an effective refuelling truck, without waiting for AES 3.0 !!!

Yoh... that's not a fair comment if you knew the work that has been done in the last weeks. Moving it to FSX was by far the most demanded function and commercially very important, if not vital for the continuous development. In the end you can only enhance software from a stable base and AES 2.0 needs to be that.

• Aerosoft
hello,

So AES 2 will automatically pick up which sceneries in FS9 have AES enabled and configure the fsx versions with AES?

The problem is, I have Mega Airport Heathrow. Are the two versions for FS9 and FSX different sceneries?

All scenery that is the same 'source' in FS2004 and FSX will be enabled in both sims without having to spend any additional credits. Translating that to products you bought, when we offer a free update/downgrade between FSX and FS2004 your AES credits will work for both versions. And do believe me, this was a major topic in discussions. Customers get a very good deal here as a lot of work had to be totally redone for the FSX version.

So your Heathrow will work with AES in FS2004 and FSX without any new payments.