Side Movement/rolling And Nav/radio-stack Problem

jochenb161

Hello Aerosoft Team,

today I encountered, especially during the climb phase, 2300 RPM/ 35 MP with no wind , a rolling to the right and to the left again and so on. always within my course but never a straight line. as you can see on the pics:

2009-5-15_0-57-27-984qtl2.jpg

2009-5-15_0-57-12-968uuft.jpg

2009-5-15_0-55-32-1405oyn.jpg

2009-5-15_0-55-20-2031pq4.jpg

made a screen agains the horizon.

is this a problem of the power setting or technical problem ?

The next thing is that when I want to change the standby frequency of NAV1 COM1 with the knobs (regardless of the inner knob in or out), only the active freq is changing. and in the time mode of the NAV receiverI cannot change the time and see sometimes, when changing to the cout-down-timer a little black graphic bug. like a shadow pic over the frquency display. am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

regards

Jochen

Jochen,

Try pitching the nose down a bit. Your climb speed should be 95 - 100 knots. You're at 84 KIAS there, which is just above minimum controllable airspeed for the Catalina -- it makes sense that it would start to get "mushy" at that airspeed.

Jochen,

Try pitching the nose down a bit. Your climb speed should be 95 - 100 knots. You're at 84 KIAS there, which is just above minimum controllable airspeed for the Catalina -- it makes sense that it would start to get "mushy" at that airspeed.

Hello Yoda,

I will have an eye on it, but with climb power 2325RPM/32,5 MAP it is nearly impossible to reach more speed/ pitch ?!?

regards Jochen

Jochen,

The table on page 19 of the manual shows a recommended climb power setting of 2300 RPM and 35" MP. That might be enough of a difference to get you climbing at a good speed.

Sounds good, but CHT often speeds up that way to many.

Perhaps open the cowl flaps to control CHT during a climb using these settings.

Exactly, Tim.

You should have the cowl flaps open in the climb, and the cylinder temps should be around 210 degrees.

Guys, i got some hours now and read manuals and got some flights with A2A 377, i know cooling flaps are worth using. Temp raises often nearly 250, but i´ll try.

Guys, i got some hours now and read manuals and got some flights with A2A 377, i know cooling flaps are worth using. Temp raises often nearly 250, but i´ll try.

Also, try not to take too much notice of the VSI during climb. I found I was trying to get say +500fpm and constantly fighting low speed and high temps. As mentioned above, set the correct power and open the cowls before pitching to maintain 95kts. Sadly, this will give you around +300fpm and the fact the OP is showing a pic with the VSI approaching +500fpm and low airspeed clearly shows the problem.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Has anyone else encountered this NAV/COM problem ??

regards

Jochen

This has been fixed for SP1.

Best regards

Finn