Great Buy, But...

tobobu

Hello,

Greatly modelled plane, I'm very happy to buy another Aerosoft product which gives me so much satisfaction. However, I think the windows are too dirty and it takes a lot away from wonderfully colored sceneries (see attachment). I'm aware that this is fully a matter of taste, but would it be possible to do something about that?

Thank you in advance,

Tobobu

post-25427-1241559596_thumb.jpg

From a purely personal point of view I love the slightly dirty windows - it adds character to the plane and increases the 'immersive' aspect of the experience of flying an older aircraft. I don't think my windows look as dirty as the one shown by Tobobu, and if I want a really good look I just open the window anyway!

Personally I really like the dirt on the windows. I also like the way its more prominent on the older models. It gives depth to the VC and makes the whole thing that little bit more immersive.

I'm really finding it very hard to fault this excellent aircraft.

• Aerosoft
From a purely personal point of view I love the slightly dirty windows - it adds character to the plane and increases the 'immersive' aspect of the experience of flying an older aircraft. I don't think my windows look as dirty as the one shown by Tobobu, and if I want a really good look I just open the window anyway!

How transparency is shown on your screen depends always on the graphics card and drivers. We'll keep this issue in mind.

Thanks for all your answers.

How can you open the windows on the catalina? I just managed to open the top windows, but that's not where I usually look out.

Thanks for all your answers.

How can you open the windows on the catalina? I just managed to open the top windows, but that's not where I usually look out.

Left click on the "hook" where the sidewindow meets the frontwindow.

When open - close again by looking back on the hook and rightclick on it.

Finn

Left click on the "hook" where the sidewindow meets the frontwindow.

When open - close again by looking back on the hook and rightclick on it.

Finn

Well, thanks. Thank will help a lot.

Otherwise: Congratulations, you achieved really something there and my concern is a pure matter of taste.

Absolutely love the dirty windows! I compared it to a video I shot in "real life" flying a Piper Archer. The dirt definitely gives a more realistic feel. My opinion.

For what it's worth. My older brother was an aircrewman on a TBF in WWII and they kept the windows clean using a plexiglass cleaning paste.

I like the dirty windows. It proably would not be bad to add an option for clean windows though (as long as by "clean" it is not crystal clear like the person is sitting out in the wind, lol).

For what it is worth, I have never seen an aircraft with spotless windows.