MAP Paris Problems

sleddriver

I recently purchased the MAP Paris CDG for FS9 and have applied AES to it. I'm now getting a crash to desktop everytime no matter where I start from. I've searched the forums and have tried all of the suggestions so far, but to no avail. I don't have any conflicting add-ons or terrain meshs installed. I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Negative. Still does it even without AES. It's fine for about 30 seconds, but then I'll change the view, and the sound stops, and I get a quick black screen when I change views. Then, I get an error message and the sim has to close.

Negative. Still does it even without AES. It's fine for about 30 seconds, but then I'll change the view, and the sound stops, and I get a quick black screen when I change views. Then, I get an error message and the sim has to close.

Do you have FranceVFR Paris in use? If yes, deinstall (not only deactivate) this scenery and you'll never have CTDs at CDG. ;)

No I don't. I don't have any other add-ons in that area. I uninstalled my old Paris scenery before installing the new one and everything just to make sure it would work properly.

Hmm, strange! I have no more idea because it works all fine here since I deinstalled Paris from FranceVFR.

I will check that tonight. Also, I should state that I installed the scenery two different times; once with the "land mesh" box checked and once without just to see if that made a difference. No difference was made. It is currently installed with the box unchecked as I don't have any land mesh installed.

Did you want me to add MAP Paris after it rights a new one, or just see if it crashes without any of my scenery addons? It know it won't crash if Paris isn't in my scenery database. I tried that a couple of times.

what is it called? I don't see any cfg files called "FS9." I have one called "display" but not "FS9."

Hi,

Your FS9.cfg does not reside in the FS2004 folder, but on another location depending on your OS: XP or Vista

If Windows XP then:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\FS9.CFG

If Vista then:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I think that did it. I removed the FS9.cfg file and let the simulator write a new one. I did two flights last night; one beginning and one ending in LFPG, and absolutely no problems. Thank you sooooooo much for your help. It really is a lovely scenery, and I'm so happy I get to use it on a regular basis now. Just out of curiosity, do you know what may have caused the problem in the first place? Anyways, I really appreciate you putting up with me. Your customer service is impeccable.