What's That Sound I Hear in The Cockpit?

JBnTx

Suddenly I'm hearing a sound while in the cockpit that sounds like something running.

Maybe an APU? It sounds similiar to the sound of the canopy opening/closing, but not

as loud? I only hear it in the cockpit with the engines at idle.

I start the F-16 with engines running.

I've tried to find whatever it is that's turned on, but I can't find anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

Everything works perfectly except that sound?

Have you opened/closed the canopy before it was fully opened/closed?

If you have, it could be the soundFX of the canopy still playing.

Its a bug, but if you allow it to fully open, then fully close it, or vice versa it stops.

May it be the avionics fans? (well, that's how I call it)

I have noticed that this sound dissapears beyond a certain speed and comes back when slowing down again (I don't like this behaviour very much anyway). If you notice the same it may be that same sound you are talking about.

It could also be the fuelpumps.

Finn

I've always began with the F-16 engine running.

To try and find that sound, I tried the cold and dark option.

The sound I'm talking about is the same sound heard when you move the Main Power Switch

to Battery. What you hear when you move the Main Power Switch, but do not have

the engine running is all I hear in the cockpit even with the engine running. I don't

hear the engine running unless I advance the throttles.

The sound heard when you turn on the Main Power Switch is the dominant sound

in the cockpit. It also seems louder than it was before?

Shouldn't the engine sound be the dominant sound?

Is that normal? I just noticed it a couple days ago.

I don't think it was like that before?

I checked out this video on YouTube and the sound heard in the video IS NOT

what I hear in my cockpit. I don't hear the engine equal to that other sound?

Thanks for any help

Shouldn't the engine sound be the dominant sound?

Depends on how you've set up your sound sliders... They're at something like 50% by default, but I turned my engine slider down to around 25. I use a headset, and 50 was too loud for my ears.

Depends on how you've set up your sound sliders... They're at something like 50% by default, but I turned my engine slider down to around 25. I use a headset, and 50 was too loud for my ears.

That's not it. Sound sliders are OK.

The engine sound can barely be heard in the cockpit with the engine at idle.

(It sounds very low and far away)

I have to rev up the engine to hear the sound in the cockpit.

Definately not right. There's a sound file missing or messed up somewhere?

In spot view, engine sounds normal.

Maybe the sound is part for of some enviroment sound, from an addon. I had an similar issue, in the time of the F-16 Beta , of hearing an "ghost" engine sound in the background, when the airplane was in cold and dark.

After an long search, it was an AI engine sound, generated by Jusft Flight Traffic X AI addon, even if there was no AI aircraft on the airfield, and was afterwards fixed in there service pack (ghost engine fix).

maybe its similar?

May it be the avionics fans? (well, that's how I call it)

I have noticed that this sound dissapears beyond a certain speed and comes back when slowing down again (I don't like this behaviour very much anyway). If you notice the same it may be that same sound you are talking about.

that's probably what it is.

and I agree, I don't like the fact that it dissappears after hitting certain airspeed, and then comes back when you slow down.

that's probably what it is.

and I agree, I don't like the fact that it dissappears after hitting certain airspeed, and then comes back when you slow down.

That's not the sound.

When in the cockpit view on the ground, I can't hear the engine at all.

All I hear is the sound that's made when you first turn the Main Power Switch on.

That pulsating sound is all I hear in the cockpit. No engine sound at all unless I

rev up the throttle.

Is that normal?

This is really getting frustrating. I know the F-16 doesn't sound like a washing machine

from inside the cockpit. The pilot has to hear the engine sound at idle?

.... This is really getting frustrating. I know the F-16 doesn't sound like a washing machine

from inside the cockpit. The pilot has to hear the engine sound at idle?

Gents,

Why doesn't someone record these "strange" sounds and post it? (For the developers to hear and understand your frustrations). That's half the battle; convincing these " geniuses' " what your issues are and why it frustrates you/others.

Most of the time, it's NOT something that they have had issue with and so, they dismiss it. Unless, you (or a small group) can demonstrate that it is a common problem and "NEED" a fix for, they won't do too much, except tell you "what you want to hear" to calm you down. Does this make sense?

It's NOT that they don't care; but they DON'T know what your refering to. So, they can't address it.

Conclusion, Help them, Help you!

My 3 Cents - ;)

• Upvote 1