ManhattenX airborn buildings

fielden

I noticed that in around the middle of Manhatten there's several building not touching the ground, the highest about 10' or more.

Is that due to the mesh that I'm using? It fsGenius's download 2.0.

Do you use your own mesh for Manhatten?

If you need a picture:post-23800-1233611290_thumb.jpg

If you decide to lower some of the floating buildings, here's a whole section that starts at Central Park and goes all the way to the river. Most of the air gaps are taller than the buildings themself. What I have outlined is the area thats elevated the most.

post-23800-1234140629_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1234140736_thumb.jpg

post-23800-1234139504_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1234140010_thumb.jpg

post-23800-1234140060_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1234140115_thumb.jpg

By the way, I do like ManhattenX, looking forward to seeing more major cities done like that.

Later........Jerry Fielden

post-23800-1234139791_thumb.jpg

Hello fielden,

Does the issue disappear if you disable your FSgenesis mesh for the area!

No its still the same. I loaded FSX on a Win7 drive and looked at it then, before I added Fsgenesis.

Picture nr1 was taken with FSX default mesh and Picture nr5 was taken of the same area with Fsgenesis. Fsgenesis mesh seems to be fitting the buildings on the right hand side thats on the hill a little closer.

• 1 month later...
Hello fielden,

I'll see whats happening and then report it to Condev.

Any movement on this issue? Its been a while, and its really noticeable for a low and slow flyer like me! :)

Hello Folks,

Have you set your settings especially the mesh as per the manual in the scenery settings as I am having trouble finding floating buildings.

Set them to exact specs and still the same thing as in the OP's original pictures.

Shaun, can you take a screenshot of this area, showing us what yours look like. I'd like to see it in its correct view. I have all my settings according to manual also. I've tried it with winows 7 64bit using default mesh and I tried it with Vista 32bit using Fgenies mesh. Both gives out the same results.

N40 49.78'

W73 56.28'

+58 alt

Heading 223

post-23800-1239415282_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Jerry,

Wow, now by giving me them co-ords I have to concur, flying buildings.

I'll have a word with the Condev.

No quick fix for this one, it seems...... (oh well)

• 8 months later...

Hi! Time has passed, we have all grown older and wiser!:P

So here I am, back again wondering if the "floating buildings" issue will ever be addressed. Its a glaring fault in an otherwise breathtaking scenery and I would love to see ManhattanX reach its full potential. Right now I am just sighing and pretending that James Blish's Spindizzys are operating at full power! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Hello Hiflyer,

I'll add it again to the weekly support list.

Hey Shaun...any update on this or future patches for Manhattan X? I read that Andras is part of Flight Sim Labs so didn't know if he's still supporting his sceneries.

Thanx

• 11 months later...

Any News? Starting on the 3rd year with this request.

I'd like to fly through Central Park without having to see all of that.

It looks like Hiflyer has given up.

Any News? Starting on the 3rd year with this request.

I'd like to fly through Central Park without having to see all of that.

It looks like Hiflyer has given up.

Did you try the download file that Wallydog has made here, should resolve the floating building problem.

Did you try the download file that Wallydog has made here, should resolve the floating building problem.

I downloaded Wallydog's bgl file and added it to Manhattan's Scenery folder. It did fix a dupe bridge problem like it claims, but it didn't do anything for my floating buildings.

The fix I posted up does not fix the floating building issue. I'm hoping that Aerosoft is able to get the developer of this scenery to issue a fix at some point. This is a terrific scenery that I enjoy a great deal but support for this product has really been lax. Maybe they will issue a new patch with the new Freedom Tower erected on the old World Trade Center site.

The fix I posted up does not fix the floating building issue. I'm hoping that Aerosoft is able to get the developer of this scenery to issue a fix at some point. This is a terrific scenery that I enjoy a great deal but support for this product has really been lax. Maybe they will issue a new patch with the new Freedom Tower erected on the old World Trade Center site.

Hello Wallydog,

I was under the impression by your other post you had fixed this. Maybe I read it wrong.