Engine smoke

Guest Dag

Hi,

Was flying a bit today and noticed the engine smoke effect "lost quality" as I advanced my throttle. Does anyone else have this? (see attached screeshot)

Thanks

EDIT: It seems this has to do with the FSX effect and not engine smoke as I disabled the engine smoke gauge in the panel.cfg but still had this effect. Driver setting?

Hi,

Was flying a bit today and noticed the engine smoke effect "lost quality" as I advanced my throttle. Does anyone else have this? (see attached screeshot)

Thanks

EDIT: It seems this has to do with the FSX effect and not engine smoke as I disabled the engine smoke gauge in the panel.cfg but still had this effect. Driver setting?

:blink: Wow Dag, looks like you have been filling up the plane with dirty fuel :lol: But seriously, you're running DX10 right? Could be it, I know I had problems like this when running in DX10.

hi,

i fly olmost every day with the f-16 and never had problems with this. i have flown in fsx on vista 32 bit with dx10 etc... but now on xp sp3 and everything works fine.

regards

:blink: Wow Dag, looks like you have been filling up the plane with dirty fuel :lol: But seriously, you're running DX10 right? Could be it, I know I had problems like this when running in DX10.

Hi Vin,

This is DX9 in fact. I suspect this is the gfx drivers possibly, setting or corruption.

Thanks

Hi Vin,

This is DX9 in fact. I suspect this is the gfx drivers possibly, setting or corruption.

Thanks

Mr. Dag,

I've read about this issue on another forum; You might need to adjust your FSX settings here, too:-

post-13668-1232519980_thumb.jpg

Good luck!

Hmm.... Strange stuff, I tested with other payware addons but I only get this issue on the F-16 by aerosoft. The setting to max of the effects slider, did not cure. I have tested all kinds of driver settings to no use.

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Dag, most likely what you see is the effect of a texture in the \Effects\texture not being the original. There are unfortunately a few addons that change it and this could be the result. I would guess this would most likely be FX1.bmp in this case. In any case I can recreate this effect when I rename the texture folder.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnddd that was it, thanks very much boss, all is good now. I wonder how I messed up that texture folder, I lacked more then one file :lol:

Thanks again

Sounds like an IFE (In Flight Emergency) to me. :P

I think it's amazing how the virtual maintainers keep this plane flying. The real life to virtual comparisons are funny to me, as soon as the Aerosoft F-16 breaks, just like in real life... there's always (virtual) maintainers on the ground ready to fix'er up and get her flyin' again.

Great job guys, it's really nice having people here to help fix these issues swiftly.

p.s.

I fly the F-16 almost everyday and it's still amazing every time I fly it. By far the best addon for flight sim ever.

I've invested a lot of time and money into flying virtually (REX, GE, Sceneries galore, Shockwave Redux, T-6 Texan II, F-16 Aerosoft, TrackIR, and much much more over the years.) I've probably spent roughly $600 on Flight sim products and the Aerosoft F-16 is the pinnacle of my flight simming so far. Great job guys!