No AI traffic at Mega Airport Frakfurt

Kappie

I am running FSX, myTrafficX and Mega Airport Frankfurt and I am the only plane on EDDF. No AI traffic parked, nothing coming in, nothing goes out (there isn't any). Not even if I wait an hour. Not even if I set the Traffic density to 100%.

At installation I selected 'no static aircraft'to give way to the AI traffic from myTrafficX.

That's weird.

In FSX Scenery library there are 2 entries:

-Mega Airport Frankfurt

-Mega Airport Frankfurt_LC

I have both clicked ON.

If both are checked OFF there is also no traffic.

This might be a myTrafficX issue, because I have a strong feeling, that there is less traffic then there should be on Mega Airport Brussel, Madrid end London Heathrow as well.

If I go to EHAM (my home airport) without any add on scenery (it still isn't there for FSX) AI traffic is as it should be.

Can anyone shine a light on this?

Thkx Oliver, but I tried that one already. Even with both shadow boxes deselected, I am the only plane on EDDF. Even when I switch both Frankfurt entries OFF in the scenery library. My guess is that myTrafficX doesn't feel 'at home' on EDDF, scaring away all AI traffic. :rolleyes:

As soon as I leave the ground, AI traffic is all around me. First I thought it's a Greenpeace Action, but I doubt that they can influeance FSX or Aerosoft products.

I even have set myTrafficX as #1 in the scenery library, but that did not make a difference.

Hi Shaun,

EHAM is my default airport from which I start my flights. I have no additional scenery for Schiphol yet. On EHAM I've got all the AI traffic that I want. When I fly to EDDF f.i., there is AI traffic around me en route also. But as soon as I am on final approach for EDDF I am the only one in the neighbourhood, a part from some crossing traffic on higher flight levels. While in earlier days, before installing Mega Airport Frankfurt, the place was crouwded like it should.

Since I have the strong feeling that Mega Airport Heathrow (and Brussels, and Madrid) are also less crowded then before installing the Mega Airports (although there is some AI on those), my guess is that some localized functionality in myTrafficX is overwritten.

Best regards,

I did the following in an attempt to get AI traffic back on EDDF:

- So far I was the only plane on the airport

- I uninstalled myTrafficX (thinking a file was overwriten)

- I re-installed myTraffixX; no AI and 1 plane (mine)

- I uninstalled Mega Airport Frankfurt

- Guess what? No AI. And that was the same situation before I installed MAF when EDDF was loaded with AI. Not now anymore.

Until someone comes up with a solution, I will not fly to or from EDDF anymore. It's no fun if there isn't any other traffic. :(

I did the following in an attempt to get AI traffic back on EDDF:

- So far I was the only plane on the airport

- I uninstalled myTrafficX (thinking a file was overwriten)

- I re-installed myTraffixX; no AI and 1 plane (mine)

- I uninstalled Mega Airport Frankfurt

- Guess what? No AI. And that was the same situation before I installed MAF when EDDF was loaded with AI. Not now anymore.

Until someone comes up with a solution, I will not fly to or from EDDF anymore. It's no fun if there isn't any other traffic. :(

Same happens to me, with mytraffic 5.1 or 5.2 recently updated if I start a flight from Frankfurt to another destination, the traffic at the starting airport (in this case Frankfurt) is not present (aircraft shadows is disabled).

On the contrary if I start a flight for example from Wien Schwechat (where I can see the traffic) to Frankfurt at my arrival in Frankfurt I can see some aircraft arriving with me or other airplane parked at the gate or simply taxing etc....

This is very strange!!! At the moment I found that Frankfurt, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Heathrow, Brussel(EBBR), Milan Malpensa (LIMC) are in the same apparently dead condition.

I dont know if there are other dead airport, I know for example that Wien Schwechat, Rome Fiumicino, Madrid Barajas are every time very full of traffic. Sorry for my bad English :blink:

Hello Kappie,

The afcad is located in the following folder complete with filename.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Afd\scenery\BR2_EDDF.BGL

Can you make sure that you have an entry for the AFD folder in the scenery library and that the AFCAD file exists.

Hello Kappie,

The afcad is located in the following folder complete with filename.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Afd\scenery\BR2_EDDF.BGL

Can you make sure that you have an entry for the AFD folder in the scenery library and that the AFCAD file exists.

Hi Shaun,

In that ..\scenery directory I have 2 files:

BR2_EDDF.BGL and BR2_EDDF_with_static_airplanes.off

In the Scenery Library AerosoftAFD is on top of the list (#1) and checked ON

Mega Airport Frankfurt and Mega Airport Frankfurt_LC are also checked ON

Last weekend I tested the other Mega Airports (Heathrow, Brussels, Madrid) and Stockholm Arlanda. After a while all have AI traffic, although it's a little less then my memery tells me. Of course that is not an objective measurement. ;)

When I fly to EDDF the closer I get to the airport, the more lonely I am. On the ground I am the only one.

Thx for now.

Hello Kappie,

Do you have the Tools Menu installed for MyTraffic so you can check the Explorer for the Traffic to see if there are any actually located at the airport.

Hello Shaun,

To check I just started FSX, clicked free flight from EDDF, clicked Tools/Traffic toolbox/Explorer from the menu, and what I see is in the attached file. My own plane is on top. If I leave MT-explorer on, it's updating as well.

It looks to me as if EDDF is crowded, but that I simply don't see any traffic around me or from the helicopter view (F12).

As a former software developper I known these kind of problems can have the craziest source. I am running FSX (SP1 and 2) on Windows Vista 64bit. Could that have anything to do with it? Reading forums, I know that the vast majority is still on FS2004/FS9 and on XP. Maybe I'm a little ahead of the crowd and therefor subject for these kind of things. :rolleyes:

But....

when I studied further I and extended some fields, I saw that in the Airport column, there is no EDDF. Not even for my own plane. There is some military traffic in the neighbourhood, but that's about it.

post-23625-1233086905_thumb.jpg

Hello Kappie,

Yes I didn't see EDDF in your picture.

Can you check the scenery folder in FSX go to the World/Scenery folder and see what Traffic bgls you have for aircraft, if theres more that one remove all the others to a safe location except for the main one which hopefully should be the MyTraffic AI flights.

Hello Kappie,

Yes I didn't see EDDF in your picture.

Can you check the scenery folder in FSX go to the World/Scenery folder and see what Traffic bgls you have for aircraft, if theres more that one remove all the others to a safe location except for the main one which hopefully should be the MyTraffic AI flights.

Hi Shaun,

This is what I have found in the ../Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery. (see attached).

It looks as if only the last two are traffic files; one is passive and one is boats.

The rest doesn't look to me as aircraft bgls, but after all, it must be in the name, I can't check what's in the file.

Just to make sure, I removed the trafficAircraft.bgl.passive file and saved it in a 'savedfiles' directory.

Then I restarted FSX and EDDF was still empty.

To check I moved to EGLL and that place is loaded with aircraft, like it should.

My guess is that myTrafficX stores its aircraft bgl somewhere else.

Then I checked the ../Microsoft Flight Simulator X/My Traffic/MT_Plans/scenery directory.

There is a BR2_EDDF.bgl but that one will probably contain static scenery and all the way down there are 6 MyTraffic bgls for -cargo, -closed, -global, -line, -mil, and -own.

I sincerely hope we are getting closer.

post-23625-1233145568_thumb.jpg

Hello Kappie,

Try renaming BR2_EDDF.bgl to BR2_EDDF.bgx and then see what happens.

Sorry Shaun. That does not make a difference. I'm still alone. Possitive on this is that I have all that tarmac for myself, but I don't think I like it this way.

Hello Kappie,

I'm unsure what may be going on here then, it must be something on your system that is preventing the AI from being there.

Can you check for duplicate AFCAD files for EDDF.

Does MyTraffic have one if so disable it by changing the extension from bgl to bgx.

Hello Kappie,

I'm unsure what may be going on here then, it must be something on your system that is preventing the AI from being there.

Can you check for duplicate AFCAD files for EDDF.

Does MyTraffic have one if so disable it by changing the extension from bgl to bgx.

Hi Shaun,

Well, I am pretty sure what's going on. Before installing MAF I had all the AI traffic on EDDF that I want. After installing MAF there is no traffic at all. Not even when I uninstall MAF. It looks to me as if 'something' has changed in a way, that myTrafficX doesn't 'know' that we are on EDDF and therefor does not generate AI traffic for EDDF. Maybe the builders of MAF know exactly what they have changed. Maybe they should have a talk with the builders of myTrafficX. In this way I got the feeling that we are on a trial and error journey.

Nevertheless, I did check all files with a search on *eddf*.bgl, sorted on the name, and there is no duplicate filename.bgl in the whole system. This includes the files of myTrafficX (only one).

I will be away to Austria for a week now, so next week - after a real life landing and takeoff on LOWI -I hope to be back to continue this story....

Gives you some time to find a solution... :D

• 1 month later...
Hello Kappie,

Check this post out here.

Might give you some ideas what to try.

Well, I have been there and followed up Burkhard's advise to even deselect ALL add-on scenery airports but that did not gave me a solution, although it worked for others. I posted on that thread but even after a few weeks there is no response. My rough guess is that nobody knows. I still strongly believe that installing MAF has overwritten file(s) used by myTrafficX with the result that MT 'doesn't know' that I am really on EDDF so it can generate AI traffic. Since all other airports (Mega and other add-ons and defaults) work, my clean and simple solution is NOT GOING TO EDDF anymore and flush the software down the toilet. It's a pitty. EDDF was a nice place to go before installing MAF. :angry:

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have the same problem at MAF. There is no other AI traffic, I am alone at the airoprt.

I have FSX and until friday I haven't instaled SP1 and SP2. And before that MAF worked perfectly with all AI traffic that I had, but now I have instaled SP1 an SP2 and there is no AI traffica at EDDF anymore.

Funny thing is that if I tune to Frankfurt ground I can hear dialogs between pilots and ATC. Any ideas what is wrong?

Pity, because it is a beautiful addon.

Hello,

I have the same problem at MAF. There is no other AI traffic, I am alone at the airoprt.

I have FSX and until friday I haven't instaled SP1 and SP2. And before that MAF worked perfectly with all AI traffic that I had, but now I have instaled SP1 an SP2 and there is no AI traffica at EDDF anymore.

Funny thing is that if I tune to Frankfurt ground I can hear dialogs between pilots and ATC. Any ideas what is wrong?

Pity, because it is a beautiful addon.

Hi Blaz,

Sorry to hear that. Because I had some SimConnect problems too, I have uninstalled everything and after that re-installed all of FSX from scratch, including SDK and service packs. After that I first installed FSAltitude and myTraffixX and all traffic was back at EDDF. I still have not tried to install MAF back. In fact I have not installed any other airport scenery yet, but when time comes I will. My rough guess is that nothing crazy happens like with the previous install. I will post the results as soon as I've done. Had to do some more hardware installations first.