Keflavik Iceland

MrPalmason

Congrats to Bronze btw! (I'm of course very proud of Aaron who played a great tournament because he plays for my local handball team :D )

Ok, back to topic. :blush:

lol. Id be glad to do what you asked me in the email np at all

Just wanted to express my interest in this release as well. I visited Iceland several times and always enjoyed it - such a pretty landscape! Can't wait to do RKV-AEY-RKV about 50 times over in the J41. Also MSP-KEF-CDG in the 75 (when I lived in Europe I always requested the Iceland stopover where possible to/from the US). Default makes Iceland un-flyable in fsx IMO. Hope all is going well on the development! Put me on the will-buy list!

Seth

Having traveled to Iceland last year, I'm really excited to hear about this project! I think Keflavík, Reykjavík, and Akureyri are the absolute must-have airports. Keflavík, of course being the international hub, Reykjavík being the domestic hub, and Akureyri being the major airport on the eastern half the country - jutting into the water like an aircraft carrier. I have a few hi-res photos, looking down at Reykjavik Airport from the Perlan (very similar to this photo: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/HotelLoftleidir.JPG), and I believe one or two from my room at the Icelandair Hotel Loftleiðir, overlooking the field. I also have a few shots of the terminal at Patreksfjörður Airport (if you ever get to it), and the front of the Icelandic Aviation Museum at Akureyri Airport.

Let me know if you need those for reference. Would love to see future Iceland add-ons as well, adding the rest of the airports and more attractions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder if the spring arrived already...

If there was a thing that I would really love to see in this scenery, it would be "highly" contrasted textures. This surprised me when I was visiting the Iceland: dark sand with, just next to it, some very green vegetation...