Update for GA4 EDDI ( now sadly closed) and EDDL GA3 both FS2004

scramble

Hi Folks,

will there be an update for EDDI ( Berlin Tempelhof ) GA4. That would mean no RWY Lights, no approach lights, no TWY lights and no Apron lights. It´s now a little bit unrealistic to cross the CTR of EDDI during the night in good visbility seeing all those lights on, as nothing had happend on Oct. 31 2008. Sad and stupid enough that the "Berliner Senat" closed EDDI....but it´s reality. I`ve tried to delete all TWY lights and RWY lights by editing the AFCAD File, but the problem is the stock airport. The lights are still there. Maybe somebody has an idea.

And... it would be nice if there would be a Update for EDDL GA3. There is and was no GAT Terminal shown in the scenery. Meanwhile EDDL has a new, modern GAT Terminal located at the same place where the old one was.

Yes I`m one of those "boring" FS2004 users.....but I´m not the only one. ;)

Regards

Klaus

Hello Shaun and Sascha,

thanks for response

I´ve tried to edit the stock airport by editing the stock scenery file in EUROW AP951130.bgl with SceneGX

and to edit the AFCAD File with AFCAD. Even with a new ( edited) AFCAD File there a still all lights.

Is it because that some basic things of a stock airport maybe cannot be changed. I worked a lot with the AFCAD program in the past, but until now there was no need to change an airport in this way. So it´s the firts time I´m confrontated with a problem like that. :blink:

By the way...yesterday  I´ve learned by an old workmate of mine that the apronlights are still switched on

during the night. Not all like in the past before the closing but many of them. So that seems to be not a problem concerning reality. :rolleyes:  But he damned TWY, RWY and Approach lights...... :angry:

regards Klaus

Hello Klaus,

You change them in the AF2_EDDI_GAP-Team.bgl afcad file.

You need to select the taxiway sections and just uncheck the lights etc.

Hi Shaun,

The problem is not to DELETE the lights within the AFCAD File or modifying it ( for example to add closed markings on the RWYs.) I´m familiar enough with AFCAD...well... hope so  ;) .

The problem is, that the modified AFCAD file seems not to be shown. I`ve tried everything. I´ve placed it into the the GA4 /scenery folder. Into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. Even into the scenery/EURW/scenery folder. Nothing worked.  :angry:

I`ve created an special exclude file. Success ? Nil !  :angry::angry:  Here seems to be the problem, that the program

doesn´t filter RWY and TWYs.

I´m afraid the whole mess has to do with the layer of the airport scenery stufff. The stock airport ( and so the stock AFCAD  ) has 5 as the layer. The modfied Afcad  has something in between 60 and 70. ) And you CAN`T delete a stock airport.

Well...any idea ? :blink::(

Regards Klaus

Hi guys just jumping in here. The afcad itself should have several lines of XML code at the top of it to delete all previous airports, taxiways, navaids, approaches and the like of the same ICAO code. If it doesn't have this then you would see the lights of the previous stock airport, but you would also see the default tower, terminal, and runways. You can usually set these options in the afcad editor you are using. You shouldn't need to edit the default stock airport in any way, but as a test to see which airport is causing the issue, you could temporarily rename the AP951130.bgl to AP951130.old, start FS, and that should have completely removed the stock airport (and a few others). Now load up the airport in question, and see if the lights are still there. If they are then you know the problem isn't the stock airport.

Maybe something to take a quick look at if you haven't already.