Boarding Sounds + Unwanted Extras

geoffco

I've been sceptical of AES for a long time now but today I downloaded it to see what it can do. I set it up at EFHK, EFIV, EFRO and LSZH since these are the only qualifuying sceneries I have installed and I have to say I'm rather impressed. After messing around with door positions etc for your (Aerosoft) BAe146-200, I tried out all the animateions at EFRO and well.. wow! This is definately something I'll keep :)

However, here comes the nit, I found that the new-found immersion was completely destroyed when I started the boarding simulation at the gate. There are sounds of people moving around (good) and the flight attendants being polite (also good) but there are also sounds of aircraft moving around in the background (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( !!!). Perhaps that's an over-reaction but it really spoiled it since this was a regional airport where the only other traffic at the time was a Maule doing touch-and-go circuits! :( Please tell me there's an option or alternative sound file somewhere with only the "people" sounds so I can get rid of the ghost-jets (I have checked the manual)? The only other alternative would be to mute the boarding sound completely which just isn't as good... FSHotSFX rovides all the background aircraft noise I would ever need and that corresponds to the AI in place...

Back to the positives - I couldn't find anything much else wrong with the product and I really like it so thanks for all the hard work in producing it. Please tell me there's a way to solve this problem though :)

Cheers,

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.

Your sound must be very loud to have heard aircraft sounds...

I never heard these sounds and my system is connected through (via optical output) a Yamaha Dolby Digital 7.1 receiver.

Just turn it down a little. Then again, I fly to mostly big airports so maybe I heard it and thought nothing of it...

Perhaps you can find the sound files yourself and create your own...

"immersion was completely destroyed when I started the boarding simulation at the gate"

That sure is a nit...and way over the top IMHO. And you did'nt even mention the best thing about AES .....pushback. Something I cannot now live without.

Just find the sound file that offends you and make/replace it with your own. B)

,,,but there are also sounds of aircraft moving around in the background...

I hadn't paid a lot of attention to that aspect, but if you're deboarding and a jet taxis behind you, wouldn't it be logical that you might hear it?

..you did'nt even mention the best thing about AES .....pushback.

The pushback animation is sweet, but I prefer things unique to AES, like the "follow me" vehicles and animated jetways. Shift-P at least gives you pushback. ;)

• Developer
The pushback animation is sweet, but I prefer things unique to AES, like the "follow me" vehicles and animated jetways. Shift-P at least gives you pushback. ;)

Now you make me sad :( : The AES Pushback is unique, or did you see anywhere a pushback, which bring you automatically direct on the line? :P

If you stop pushback at the right time, you can press shift-P-1 and come close
It's much better if you use the FSCopilot (from MCDU). It's free, steerable and has the ground crew dialogue.

That's what I do where AES is not available. I find the default Shift+P useless.

Best regards,

Rafal

LOL! :lol: I realize it isn't very profsional, but if you're at an airport withoug AES, you have to improvise and pretend.

"Shift-P at least gives you pushback" Oh freeking H! That comment must upset Oliver....I know I am gobsmaked.! :o

AES pushback is the best thing since sliced bread IMHO. :wub:

Bearskins and stone knives! :lol:

:lol:

Some people are just too much... complaining on such unnecessary things ;) Enjoy what you've got. The "aircraft sound" is probably the lowest priority "problem" Oliver would even consider fixing.