Eddp Needs Atc And Gps Approaches

Midnight Music

Though the Leipzig/Halle EDDP scenery is awesome, much to my dismay, default FSX ATC and default FSX GPS have none of the approaches ILS or otherwise listed. I used the charts provided, but German Airports should have one of those files made like Jim Vile makes that adds the approaches into FSX so that they turn up in the GPS and in ATC.

Just a thought :rolleyes: Still a great scenery.

Lee

Though the Leipzig/Halle EDDP scenery is awesome, much to my dismay, default FSX ATC and default FSX GPS have none of the approaches ILS or otherwise listed. I used the charts provided, but German Airports should have one of those files made like Jim Vile makes that adds the approaches into FSX so that they turn up in the GPS and in ATC.

Just a thought :rolleyes: Still a great scenery.

Lee

Hello Lee,

the problem was reported yesterday on the German support forum as well, and has been passed on to the developers. I noticed the missing GPS approaches myself, but didn't notice any problems with ATC...I do use Radar Contact 4 instead of the FSX-native ATC, so I have no way of knowing if EDDP also has problems (and if so, to what extent) with the native ATC. I did one very brief test yesterday, tuning to Leipzig Approach and asking for a full stop landing, and was cleared for runway 8R...which led me to believe that ATC wasn't affected by the missing GPS approaches bug. Have you made different observations?

Cheers

Tibbo

Hello.

I had no problem on my site with the ATC well it behaves like usually and using real weather I could have been vectored to runway 26L, but at that point I usually leave the IFR mode of the flight and continue with VFR ruel for contacting the tower, but keep following my FMC indications, so I flew following the star and approach charts and landed with no problem, though I was asked by the ATC an entry on the left hand patern which kinda correspond to the RNAV approach of that runway. I don't know for GPS as I usually fly using third party planes equiped with FMC that have the latest navdata update.

Cheers

Aurelien

Default ATC only clears you for visual approaches, no ILS or GPS approaches are given, even though the charts show a number available. You can just leave IFR and go VFR and do what you have planned but it will get sticky when winter and rain are present.

Lee

Default ATC only clears you for visual approaches, no ILS or GPS approaches are given, even though the charts show a number available. You can just leave IFR and go VFR and do what you have planned but it will get sticky when winter and rain are present.

Lee

Hey Lee,

I just tested this myself, doing a quick (and I do mean quick) IFR flight from Dresden to Leipzig, meaning that I hadn't climbed to 2000 feet yet after takeoff when I got the initial approach instructions...and told to expect a visual approach. I went to the select approaches option...and there were only visual approaches.

The problem has been passed on, and I hope that it can be resolved soon.

Cheers

Tibbo