Venice X Sp2 Issue

worldted

I installed Venice X BEFORE downloading FSX SP2. Worked fine with SP1. With SP2, the building roofs are disappearing, then reappearing.

At Aerosoft's recommendation, because I now have SP2, I changed the "ven3d.sp2.bgl_inactive" scenery file to simply "ven3d.sp2.bgl." I think that helped a bit with fps, but not terribly much. Biggest issue though is with the roofs color, and it takes place with really modest settings where I'm getting @ 20-23 fps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ted

****FOUND A FIX****

Hopefully, this will help those (might be a VERY small number) out there who may have installed SP2 AFTER getting Venice X (as I did). Here's what helped me eliminate the problem of the "disappearing roofs:"

1) Reinstall Venice X (obvious enough)

2) Not as obvious is that you'll find that the once you've reinstalled Venice X, the "ven3d_sp1.bgl" scenery file is now (w/ SP2) called, "ven3d_sp1.bgl_inactive." Conversely, the sp2-related scenery file is now called, "ven3d_sp2.bgl," (before you downloaded sp2 it was called, "ven3d_sp2.bgl_inactive").

3) Simply delete (I actually saved it to my desktop just to be on the safe side) the "ven3d_sp1.bgl_inactive" scenery file (in fact, FSX makes this recommendation). You're left with just the "ven3d_sp2.bgl" scenery file, which solved my problem with the "disappearing roofs." Venice X now works beautifully, as intended by "it's creators," even WITH sp2!

PLEASE NOTE: While this worked for me, I'd strongly advise against totally getting rid of the "ven3d_sp1.bgl_inactive" scenery file until you absolutely, positively KNOW that will fix this "disappearing roofs" problem. In fact, I still have NOT gotten rid of that file quite yet. Again, hope this helps.