Ftx And Vfr Germany

ManuelL

Hello,

I posted this this in the FTX forum, but received no reply so far. I am using VFR Germany 1 & 2 as well as OrbX FTX (both change / amend the autogen.xml). I installed VFR Germany with the FTX mode turned off and then everything worked well for a while. To have VFR Germany autogen I turned the FTX mode off before starting FSX, to have FTX autogen, I turned FTX on.

Lately the FTX mode is always on, independently of the setting. I always have FTX autogen and never have VFR Germany autogen. In addition the textures seem to be messed up (see picture).

Do you know if there is any way of fixing this without having to re-install everything (VFR Germany 1 & 2 + FTX - a lot of GBs)? In addition I would like to know if anyone has an idea what could have caused the problem so that I can avoid it in the future.

Thanks very much for your help!

Manuel

I don't know if it can be of any help, but I know of a fellow simmer who has also installed OrbX FTX and he has not only decided to re-install his entire FSX plus add-ons, then is now also in the process of first of all trying to make a back-up of everything related to FSX on his machine before re-installing OrbX FTX back again on his system in case things would go dramatically wrong once again.

It seems to me that that particular add-on you are talking about creates quite a problem with those of the rest of the world so to speak for some reason. And probably they don't yet know a solvable solution to what causes it or how to put things back into order for those who have fell victim to a conflict with other add-ons of what I heard is an otherwise very superb add-on.

I hope with you that someone will soon come-up with the right answer tho I don't have the Aussies OrbX.

Hi Manuel,

This bug is neither caused by VFR Germany nor by FTX. It comes as one of several "bug features" with FSX. ;)

The building you see there is a default autogen object from FSX that is also used in VFR Germany. Unfortunately it is part of a big object class containing all those bigger buildings so that it can´t be excluded.

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks very much for your reply.

However, the issue I am really more worried about is that the FTX mode can not be turned off (well I can turn it off, but it is still active) and I can't get my VFR Germany autogen back.

Is there anyone using VFR Germany and FTX, who has the latest FTX freeware update installed? If so, did this work for you?

I really hope I don't have to re-install FSX from scratch (it is closed to 100 GB now with all the addons). I am also trying to find the reason for my problem to avoid it in case I really have to make a re-installation.

Oh, you mean all those little houses from VFR Germany 1 and 2?

Just uninstall and reinstall VFR Germany again. The installers from VFR Germany 1 and 2 will add the necessary entries back to your FSX and won't delete anything from FTX (which seems unfortunately to be the case the other way around).

Bests,

Sascha

I re-installed VFR Germany and everything is back to normal. The FTX people posted a solution for the texture bug in their forum, so that is solved as well.

I only didn't re-install FTX. I will wait with that until it is certain that it will not interfere with my other addons.

Thanks again, Manuel.