Night/day

JJJackson

Hi

Just got the London Heathrow for FSX today. It looks fantastic!!!

But... I have one problem. Regardless of what time I choose (day/night/dusk/morning) reggardless of time 00.00/09.00/12.00/18.00/22.00 it ONLY shows the night vision of the airfield!!!!

What have I done wrong?

Jack J Jackson

Swede in Spain

Hi

The next morning I started FS9 and everything looked good.

I Started FSX and everything looked good.

So I switched to night mode and..... it showed day mode!

So I switched to FS9 and night mode and... it showed day mode.

Tried to attach screenshots but... how do I do that?

Jack

Hi Shaun

First, I really appreciate you trying to hel me, a beginner.

FSX: Default plane (Trike) at KSEA, time 13.00. Starts up in day view BUT after showing the day view screen for a second there is a REALOAD of the scenery and it shows night view.

FS9: Default plane (C172SP) at KSEA time 13.00. Starts up in day view BUT after showing the day view screen for a second there is a REALOAD of the scenery and it shows night view.

That is, the same thing happens in both FSX/FS9, scenery loads and reloads after a second.

Jack

Hello Jack,

Okay try setting the option to the other setting then change the day dusk night and try..

Can you set it to any time any place and it would be correct. You see day time at day and night time at night.

Hi Shaun

Starting on EGLL with default plane and settings NOT using system time.

FSX

Day OK. Loads day and realoads and shows day.

Night. Loads night and reloads and shows day.

FS9

Same thing as for FSX

Next test. Started FSX at EGLL in day view and everything was ok but it still reaoaded.

Choose "World" from the meny bar and changed time to "Night". Program loadad and showed night view for a second,

reloaded and showed the day view again!!! When I checked the "Settings" it had changed back to "Day"!!!!

Jack

Hi Shaun

New testing.

Tried dusk/dawn but day is the only view that shows up.

Deleted my fsx.cfg and restarted fsx. No change, still ONLY day view.

The program resets the time to day regardless of what I do. BUT still the strange thing is that it loads the RIGHT time of day, then reloads and changes it all back to day view.

Jack

Hello Jack,

If you have system time it normally loads at the time it is, so if its dark o'clock it will be dark if its daytime it will show daytime.

Other than that I've never come across this before.

Hi

I'm suspecting that this problem is caused by VISTA. Took a wild chance and changed the battery in my PC, reset the system time in BIOS but....

no luck.

Someone told me that Windows Live OneCare could cause problems with the system clock. so I uninstalled that program but..... still no luck.

I keep coming back to the fact that FS9/FSX loads the scenery and shows the scenery for a second in the RIGHT time view, then reloads and resets everything to day view. Just the other day it resetted it to night view. What makes it to reload the scenery once it has loaded it and set it to a specific view?????

Jack

Hi Shaun

As I told you in a private mail I need to apologuise about this problem this is the status right now:

I have contacted Microsoft Support about the problem because I remember that the problem occurred after we started the "summer time" here. After checking my Outlook 2007 I could see that ALL my appointments were in disorder!!! I have downloaded the "fix" for daylight saving BUT still NO change in FS9/FSX AND my system clock is still wrong. I live in Spain which is GMT+1 BUT my system including FS9/FSX puts me GMT+2 regardless of what I do. So for me it's a VISTA problem and NOT a FS9/FSX and absolutely NOT an Aerosoft scenery problem.

I'm waiting for a solution from the MS support department and will post their answer as soon as possible.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Jack J Jackson

Spain

Hello Jack,

Dont worry about that, I noted that a flight Sim program I used suddenly kept telling me I was arriving late as soon as my computer changed to Summer Time. Which now makes it no fun to use till the end of the year :(