Low Fps With Eddf 2008 In Fs9 (too Heavy)!!!

Fábio

Hello!!!

I upgraded my EDDF 2005 (unistalled it before) to the EDDF 2008. I've also done all defragmentation proccess I usually do! A superb work, no words to describe the tousend of details modeled!!! But, even with a Core2Quad, 3Mb of Ram and a ATI 1950 with 512Mb, exclusive SATA 360Gb for the fs9, my FS2004 suffers a lot!!! It's impossible to get more than 13 fps (I use all sliders to the right). I have also Lisbon, Barajas, Hannover, Koln etc, etc, and with all of them I can get more then 25 fps (I fixed my fs9 in 25 fps), using havy aircarfts (processor usage) such as the Captainsim 757, besides others. Is there any plan scheduled for the near future to make it a little more light and fluid in terms of fps?

Regards

Fábio

PS: how do I edit the topic tittle and sub-tittle? I made mistakes!!

Hi, Fabio!

I also was a bit disappointed with FPS in Frankfurt on my brand new PC, which I described in another post.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...20&start=20

However, after more testing, I'm in a better mood now. Somtimes there are more factors contributing than just airport bgls or bmps.

Check if you get the same results when starting in Frankfurt (compared to arriving there from another airport).

Also check with clear weather as heavy clouds will definitely make your frames drop.

And if you compare Frankfurt to other airports, remember it is a huge megahub.

So, especially if you use AI traffic, it will never perform like Cologne or Lisbon which are more regional aerodromes.

Compare it to Aerosoft Heathrow or Cloud9 Schiphol for example.

Amyway it's true I get a bit better fluidity in London. The difference is not significant but indicates that there is something that still may be improved.

Let's see what Rainer or other developers say.

And I would also like to know how to edit the topic titles. :)

Anyone?

Best regards,

Rafal

Hi Rafal!!

I use a dense AI traffic. I know that all of those processor extra absorber resources (dense AI traffic, 3D clouds, etc) reduce lots of fps. But I think that there is a way to get it a little better. An obvius question (or is it stupid?): the patch 1.1 to EDDF2008 is only for the FSX?

Well Rafal, as you said, "let's see what Rainer or other developers say".

All the best!!!

Fábio

Hmmm... I was planning to upgrade my EDDF2005 to the newer 2008 version but after reading the comments above, I think I'll wait for now... :unsure:

The performance of the 2005 version is excellent here... I'm not willing to sacrifice fps just to get some newer buildings/terminals and other details...

Could other users compare their fps between the 2005 and the 2008 version???

Do you all see a decrease in fps?

Cheers,

Sylvain

Hello Folks,

On my Quadcore machine its hard to get it to dip below 21 and 21 isn't the average.

When pointing in a certain direction with 100% Utlimate traffic I can make it hang around 22.3 but its mainly a lot higher at around 27-29 and its set at 29 FPS.

On my dualcore it runs with 100% default AI Traffic at around 27 fps thats with the thunderstorm weather theme with fully detailed clouds.

Try disabling all other 3rd party scenery in your scenery library and load a default Boeing 737 and then check the fps.