Aerosoft Mt. Everest Airports Vol. 1 - Lukla (released)

• Administrator

Another "classic" by Limesim!!! First info and screenshots.

Gateway to Mount Everest and World's Most Dangerous Airport; an airport so full of extremes that it is not only known by hardcore aviation enthusiasts anymore but became a phenomenon among influencers, travel bloggers and documentaries.

Truth to be told: There are airports that are higher. There may be airports that have a shorter runway. There even may be airstrips somewhere that have an even worse upwards slope of the runway. Or others that have a mountain wall at the end of its runway. What makes Lukla standing out is a combination of all those factors in one single airport!

Not enough thrill for you? Count in weather as a factor. No navigational aids. Limited documentation of approach and takeoff routes. An uncontrolled airpace with fixed wing aircraft and helicopters.

This package supersedes "Lukla – Mount Everest Extreme" by the same developer. One of our most popular sceneries of the past two decades that has won many awards – among them the Simflight Award. This new version is setting the bar higher again. More details, more animations, more of the real Lukla!

Features:

• Detailed 3D terrain model of Lukla airport with high resolution photorealistic textures.
  • Newly constructed Lukla Helipad with terminal building.
  • Newly constructed terminal extension with interiors.
  • Recently erected Tenzing-Hillary statue and gardens right next to the runway.
  • Lots of animated people, animals, creek along the runway
  • Animated ground service ATV
  • Realistic night lighting
  • Various typical sounds
  • Detailed manual
  • CONS: No flat runway 😉

lukla_rgb_0007_40.jpg

lukla_rgb_0006_42.jpg

lukla_rgb_0005_50.jpg

lukla_rgb_0004_8.jpg

lukla_rgb_0003_9.jpg

lukla_rgb_0002_13.jpg

lukla_rgb_0000_17.jpg

lukla_rgb_0001_16.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Although Lukla is one of the HandCrafted airports in more detail in MSFS, it still lacked that touch of realism that only attention to the smallest detail can give it, it seems that this will be the case with the version that LimeSim will bring us. Because this is Vol. 1, everything seems to indicate that future improvements to the area will be given in future deliveries, giving that luxury of detail to several iconic airstrips in the area. In the end, there is no better way to lower the adrenaline and dry the sweat from your hands, than taking a walk around.

You do realize which aircraft is seen most frequently at Lukla, right? I'll give you a hint. It's an aircraft which was rudely pulled from all stores despite its popularity.

So let me get this straight. You pull the Twotter from all stores, then announce the development of one of the few airports in the world still servicing it? I guess that means you will be re-releasing the Twotter together with this airport as a combined package. Thank you, I'm so glad to hear it!

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 1:12 AM, FlyingHero said:

You do realize which aircraft is seen most frequently at Lukla, right? I'll give you a hint. It's an aircraft which was rudely pulled from all stores despite its popularity.

So let me get this straight. You pull the Twotter from all stores, then announce the development of one of the few airports in the world still servicing it? I guess that means you will be re-releasing the Twotter together with this airport as a combined package. Thank you, I'm so glad to hear it!

To be perfectly honest, I'd still like to buy the so-called 'crappy one' that was pulled from sale.   'Cause flying in FSX just isn't the same as it used to be, having had a taste of the graphic quality of MS FS'20.  But that's what I'm having to do, to get my 'Twotter', Lukla & Antarctica 'Fix'.

I certainly won't be buying either the Aerosoft Antarctic Add-ons  OR   the  'new' Lukla, without a Twotter to fly into, and around, these epic locations.

Let's hope, therefore, that the 'top-down' pics included with the OP, which show a Twotter, are showing a new iteration of the DHC-6.  I mean it kinda looks better than the FSX version (too small/dark to tell), although I don't know if it's better than the FS'20 version, as I never had the chance to buy it.

C'mon someone, be a bit human, show us that you care about us, "your loyal customers" (or at least our money), and tell us what we really want to know...

...  will there be a new DHC-6 Twotter?

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2024 at 2:12 AM, FlyingHero said:

My guess is that the twin otter was pulled back from the stores because its going to be one of the default planes in fs2024 and microsoft purchased the rights on it.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Am 30.3.2024 um 11:53 schrieb Smudge6530:

To be perfectly honest, I'd still like to buy the so-called 'crappy one' that was pulled from sale.   'Cause flying in FSX just isn't the same as it used to be, having had a taste of the graphic quality of MS FS'20.  But that's what I'm having to do, to get my 'Twotter', Lukla & Antarctica 'Fix'.

I certainly won't be buying either the Aerosoft Antarctic Add-ons  OR   the  'new' Lukla, without a Twotter to fly into, and around, these epic locations.

Let's hope, therefore, that the 'top-down' pics included with the OP, which show a Twotter, are showing a new iteration of the DHC-6.  I mean it kinda looks better than the FSX version (too small/dark to tell), although I don't know if it's better than the FS'20 version, as I never had the chance to buy it.

C'mon someone, be a bit human, show us that you care about us, "your loyal customers" (or at least our money), and tell us what we really want to know...

...  will there be a new DHC-6 Twotter?

The one shown in the pics looks like a static aircraft to me. Simply not detailed enough and too shiny and square on the edges.

Looks stunning!!! Thank you for bringing this to the sim. Soooo looking forward to this. Given the release of the trailer, is product release around the corner? :))))

• Administrator
vor 1 Stunde schrieb atulmishra:

Looks stunning!!! Thank you for bringing this to the sim. Soooo looking forward to this. Given the release of the trailer, is product release around the corner? :))))

Yes that is correct ;)

• Aerosoft
Am 13.4.2024 um 14:27 schrieb MichaelXP:

I guess the Twin Otter isn't included?

Hello MichaelXP,

No, the Twin Otter is not included in the scope of delivery. 

• Thanks 1

• Raphael Jakob changed the title to Aerosoft Mt. Everest Airports Vol. 1 - Lukla (released)
  • Raphael Jakob locked and unpinned this topic