Megathread: Toolbar Pushback Xbox Controller Issues

FT17

im getting weird xbox controller behavior with TBPB pro. the elevator input is now reversed. the second thing is the pushback planner keeps spinning when the controller is connected. it stops spinning as soon i disconnect the controller. i double checked if the controller was giving a continuous signal and its not. I found a way around the problem though. If i detach the pushback window (middle button in-between the X and ? button) it works as it should.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

what kind of Xbox controller do you use? we just tried it with a default controller and couldn't reproduce it. The fact that it works with the detached window is correct because the controller then no longer has access to the window. Is there anything else connected or other software in this area?

it is a genuine Xbox one controller that's connected through usb and not Bluetooth.  there's is no other controllers or joysticks connected. just a mouse and keyboard. also the reversed axis is not fixed by ticking the "reverse axis" box in the controller settings. when TBPB is installed. the elevator controls are reversed no matter what i do. Is there a way to completely disable TBPB from using the Xbox controller?

• Aerosoft
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Ftanyous17:

it is a genuine Xbox one controller that's connected through usb and not Bluetooth.  there's is no other controllers or joysticks connected. just a mouse and keyboard. also the reversed axis is not fixed by ticking the "reverse axis" box in the controller settings. when TBPB is installed. the elevator controls are reversed no matter what i do. Is there a way to completely disable TBPB from using the Xbox controller?

Are you in the SU15 beta?

i unplugged the keyboard and mouse and its still the same. i reset my controller profile to default and it fixed the spinning on the planner but the axis are still revered on the elevators. 

I've found the cause of the spinning planner. its a sensitivity issue. i reset all of my sensitivity on the Xbox controller and no more spinning planner. 

the reversed elevator axis isn't fixed with resetting the sensitivity. i would be willing to test anything if you have any ideas on how this could be fixed 

having the same issues with a Series S controller, also on the stable msfs build. haven't tried any pushback things yet but the elevators are reversed with tbpb installed

• Aerosoft
vor 23 Minuten schrieb Ben Trezise:

having the same issues with a Series S controller, also on the stable msfs build. haven't tried any pushback things yet but the elevators are reversed with tbpb installed

Did they have a tug truck connected at the time? 

Or was the plane being pushed without a tug truck?

Same issue here.

Elevator is inverted and no amount of resetting, check boxing "reverse" fixes it. Xbox Controller on PC. Months since I had a freekin night off and tonight of all nights I get to deal with this.

Edit - is this refundable?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Sven Telljohann said:

Did they have a tug truck connected at the time? 

Or was the plane being pushed without a tug truck?

i didn't have anything connected, pushed my stick by accident and noticed it behaving incorrectly. i removed tbpb pro from the community folder, restarted the sim and it went back to normal

I experience the same with my Xbox wired controller. The elevator axis is reversed. Moving the left control lever on the controller down pushes the yoke (nose down) and moving the lever up pulls the yoke (nose up). I've tried with Maddog MD-82/83 and Flysimware Learjet 35A. When I remove the "aerosoft-toolbar-pushback" from my Community folder and restart the sim everything is back to normal - lever down pulls the yoke and the nose goes up. It's like Pushback Toolbar permanently activates "Reverse Axis" option under Controls Options -> Controller -> Flight Control Surfaces -> Primary Control Surfaces -> Elevator Axis even though the option is unchecked.

I tried with different Xbox controllers and 1 knock-off "Xbox style" controller and the axis is still reversed. when I unplug the Xbox controller and plug in my joystick the axis goes back to normal 

Same issue!!

This tool overwrites the setting.

Resetting to default also helps ZERO

And it is the tool, i've tested it more than one time. what a waste of 10 Euro at the moment 😕

I'm getting exactly the same issue with my wireless xbox controller. It affects all aircraft. 

Once I uninstalled the tool, everything went back to normal.

I don't understand why a pushback tool would mess with flight controls!?!?!?!?!?!?!

** PLEASE FIX ASAP OTHERWISE I WILL BE LOOKING FOR A REFUND **

• Upvote 3

• Administrator

Hello all,

Just to let you know we are looking into these reports. If you created a ticket about this issue, we've just replied asking for a few further bits of information. For those that haven't, no worries, as we'll update this thread once we have some updates to share regarding this.

• Like 3

• Tom changed the title to Megathread: Toolbar Pushback Xbox Controller Issues
  • Administrator

We've found the root cause of this issue and a fix is currently being implemented. It will be available in the next update and should resolve this issue for all users.

• Like 5

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Ftanyous17 said:

great news. is there an ETA for this update?

No exact time/date, but this is one of the last fixes being worked on, so as soon as it's complete and ready the update will be published. It shouldn't be much longer, though.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Tom said:

No exact time/date, but this is one of the last fixes being worked on, so as soon as it's complete and ready the update will be published. It shouldn't be much longer, though.

one of the latest updates? for some of us it would be one of the main ones to fix, since it is unheard of for me to change my flight axes.

Hello, i just bought Pushback Toolbar Pro and for me it is also not working, the axis is wrong for all aircraft. When will be the update? I cant use the tool with my xbox Controller!

Ja bin gerade etwas genervt sry, habe jetzt fast 2 Stunden nach dem Problem gegoogelt, da alles eine Neuinstallation war mit vielen Addons habe ich es nicht herausfinden können woran es liegt. Da ich meist PMDG 737 fliege habe ich immer danach gegoogelt mit Fehler Axis reverted. Naja, ansonsten habe ich viele Pushbacks mit dem Addon ausprobiert, auch mit xbox controller und das hat alles einwandfrei funktioniert. Wenn ihr das noch hinbekommt mit der Axis wird das bestimmt ein ganz tolles Addon, denn von GSX Pro habe ich die Nase voll und das Pushback Pro wird bestimmt eine tolle alternative sein.