AP not following NAV

CrossHyparu

I don't know where else I can post this because it's the only one that makes sense that doesn't say "no support"

Anyway, I'm midflight in the CRJ for MSFS and the AP straight up refuses to follow NAV mode.

PHX QUAKY1 - After Sparky there was a hard left turn with a weird broken turning arc which I feel is the problem, being that the ND only shows hard turns rather than arcs. The plane flew right past Sparky and ignored the first turn. I turned in heading mode, selected Quaky, then hit NAV and both the HDG and NAV buttons were lit up, and the plane refused to follow NAV no matter how many times I told it to track Quaky. The entire flight so far has been through heading mode because this plane under no circumstances will follow the NAV line. I've recycled the AP probably about 7 times which has no fixed the problem.

What is the fix for this?

In the flightplan list, make sure that there’s no discontinuity at QUAKY (e.g, one leg ends at QUAKY, there’s a discontinuity, then the next leg starts at QUAKY). It’s not possible to see in MAP mode because the discontinuity isn’t visible, but it messes a flightplan up.

I forget if the CRJ also had this feature, but if you press NAV mode, it’ll only be active if you’re on an intercept heading to the flightplan route, otherwise it’s only “armed” with a lower level mode like HDG remaining active until the NAV engagement criteria is met.

2 hours ago, amahran said:

In the flightplan list, make sure that there’s no discontinuity at QUAKY (e.g, one leg ends at QUAKY, there’s a discontinuity, then the next leg starts at QUAKY). It’s not possible to see in MAP mode because the discontinuity isn’t visible, but it messes a flightplan up.

I forget if the CRJ also had this feature, but if you press NAV mode, it’ll only be active if you’re on an intercept heading to the flightplan route, otherwise it’s only “armed” with a lower level mode like HDG remaining active until the NAV engagement criteria is met.

There weren't any discos. Everything was done normally but I'll load another flight and see if it works. 

I don't think you're the only one who has experienced this behaviour.  I would suggest the only fix is to wait for the update which is due most likely in the new year.