Not all Parking Stands / Gates selectable

Mtuart

Hello!

I have searched a bit through the forums / Google, but didn't find a lot on this topic. The issue is that most Airports such as EDDK, EBBR, and EDDB, but also Airports distributed by Aerosoft and other development teams - eg: EDDH (SimWings), lack stands.

When installed via Aerosoft One, either only the eg: "B 04A" and "B 04B" Gates exist, or only the "B 04" and not the A/B stands beside. This becomes a slight issue when flying on Multiplayer, since larger aircraft may overshoot the restrictions with the A/B parking.

Attached you can find the charts and the available stands to spawn in at EDDB. I don't know the limits of MSFS, but I would love to have the option to choose the A/B parkings for the stands.

Would love to hear back!  Thanks,
Stuart

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

Hey @Mtuart,

I can definitely see how this might be an issue now we have larger aircraft in the sim. I'll test out some of the products you mentioned and bring this up internally to see if there's any particular reason these might not be covered.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stuard,

Overlapping stands are not possible for stands that have jetways assigned to them (the jetway will only dock to the stand it's assigned to).

For the others (=stands without jetways) I did some in-depth research and tests in the past weeks and they seem to work perfectly fine when overlapping. For EDDB I will make sure to have them added with the next update (can't say for the other airports).

Please let me know if you are aware of another addon that can handle jetways and overlapping stands. I'd gladly be proven wrong on this.

Bests,

Sascha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the late reply!

Yeah, I know of the "one jetway, one stand" limitation, which is surely annoying. I'd probably get a lot of hate from people when I say that I wouldn't mind the limitations, however its probably best to keep it at that for the time being. Maybe we'll see an update from Microsoft / Asobo for the Jetways eventually.