Help with understanding CRJ systems for Bravo.

Agrajag27

Guys, nearly done getting everything just right with my Alpha and Bravo and the CRJ, but have a few last pieces to put in place and hoped you could help. Some of the Bravo LEDs may not apply for the CRJ, but I wasn't sure. I also wonder if the manuals include all the data I need for what I'm looking for (like all the numbers when when a warning trips for these items). This isn't really meant as a support post, but a community assist post assuming someone else has already tackled this.

This all relates to the Bravo LED panel and getting it somewhat right with the CRJ. Any help with any of these would be greatly appreciated.

- Is there an easy way to trigger an engine fire to make sure I've got that working right? 

- Does the Vacuum light serve any purpose in a CRJ? I set a sim var to the generic "(A:WARNING VACUUM, Bool)" and that seems to work. It comes on after hitting the master battery and goes off after a period, but I'm not sure it's valid or specifically when it should go on and off.

- Starter Engaged. I just have it set to "(A:GENERAL ENG STARTER ACTIVE,Bool)", but it never fires off after I push the Start button on each engine.

- Low Voltage. Set this to  "(A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE, volts) 24.5 <=" but I just guessed as to the right voltage. Any idea what the correct one is for the CRJ?

- Low Fuel Pressure. Set it as followed. Are the settings right? (A:GENERAL ENG FUEL PRESSURE:1, psi) 10 <= (A:GENERAL ENG FUEL PRESSURE:2, psi) 10 <= ||

- LOW HYD PRESSURE. Assuming it's like low oil, but what would this look like?

- Anti-Ice. Not sure when this should light or exactly what it should look at. Is it lit when I haven't flipped on the LH and RH Windshield switches as that seems to match the error on the PFD.

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Hi,
A preliminary question, please.
How do you interface the throttle and the CRJ ?
AxisAndOhs ?

I have that, but am currently getting everything working in MobiFlight which I'm finding much easier to use and it fully/directly supports the Bravo and its LED panel. Right now it's 90% finished and all the main buttons and lights are working flawlessly, including the NAV mode button which only ever before would show HDG when in NAV mode. Now I'm down to these last lights and wondering if they matter, and if so, what the correct parameters would be for them, etc. Very exciting stuff. The CRJ is shining.

Once I'm done I'm planning to write up a complete tutorial on how to do this for anyone with a Bravo and the CRJ.

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Agrajag27 said:

Any news on this?

Hi

Still on it. I may seek info from a colleague.
Please allow until tomorrow.
Thanks.

9 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Still on it. I may seek info from a colleague.

Great to know. Thanks. Sorry to be so pushy. You know how impatient customers can be and I certainly know I am. It's appreciated.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

Hi,
I have asked some info from the developers as it goes beyond simple hardware interfacing.
We will come back to you shortly.

-> Just to let you know your question isn't forgotten.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
On 4/21/2023 at 3:32 PM, Agrajag27 said:

Thanks! Have a great weekend.

Just to let you know that the developper will answer soon.
This question needs some digging in the code.

• Developer
On 4/16/2023 at 7:30 PM, Agrajag27 said:

Guys, nearly done getting everything just right with my Alpha and Bravo and the CRJ, but have a few last pieces to put in place and hoped you could help. Some of the Bravo LEDs may not apply for the CRJ, but I wasn't sure. I also wonder if the manuals include all the data I need for what I'm looking for (like all the numbers when when a warning trips for these items). This isn't really meant as a support post, but a community assist post assuming someone else has already tackled this.

This all relates to the Bravo LED panel and getting it somewhat right with the CRJ. Any help with any of these would be greatly appreciated.

- Is there an easy way to trigger an engine fire to make sure I've got that working right? 

- Does the Vacuum light serve any purpose in a CRJ? I set a sim var to the generic "(A:WARNING VACUUM, Bool)" and that seems to work. It comes on after hitting the master battery and goes off after a period, but I'm not sure it's valid or specifically when it should go on and off.

- Starter Engaged. I just have it set to "(A:GENERAL ENG STARTER ACTIVE,Bool)", but it never fires off after I push the Start button on each engine.

- Low Voltage. Set this to  "(A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE, volts) 24.5 <=" but I just guessed as to the right voltage. Any idea what the correct one is for the CRJ?

- Low Fuel Pressure. Set it as followed. Are the settings right? (A:GENERAL ENG FUEL PRESSURE:1, psi) 10 <= (A:GENERAL ENG FUEL PRESSURE:2, psi) 10 <= ||

- Anti-Ice. Not sure when this should light or exactly what it should look at. Is it lit when I haven't flipped on the LH and RH Windshield switches as that seems to match the error on the PFD.

Thanks!

Hi @Agrajag27!

Sorry for the late response but these last few weeks have been extremely busy with the release preparations of the ATR. On your questions: I can't answer them without looking into the CRJ source code. I think I can do this on Friday and then send you a list with the information you need.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Hi @Agrajag27!

Sorry for the late response but these last few weeks have been extremely busy with the release preparations of the ATR. On your questions: I can't answer them without looking into the CRJ source code. I think I can do this on Friday and then send you a list with the information you need.

Thanks Hans! And congrats on the release of the ATR. 

• Like 1

• Developer
On 4/16/2023 at 7:30 PM, Agrajag27 said:

There's no engine fire simulation in the CRJ itself. All you can do so far is to trigger the FS failure. However, I never tried if that does anything.

Vaccum is not relevant for a jet. It's something that pistons and may be small turboprops use.

You need to use (A:GENERAL ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE:1,bool) (A:GENERAL ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE:2, bool) || for this

MSFS' electrical system is not used in the CRJ except for the batteries and generators. Everything else is custom made. No Lvars are currently available for it.

Same for the hydraulic system. It doesn't use any of the A: vars. Everything is done internally.

No, sorry. This isn't used either.

(A:STRUCTURAL DEICE SWITCH, bool), (A:ENG ANTI ICE:1, bool), (A:ENG ANTI ICE:2,bool) and (A:WINDSHIELD DEICE SWITCH, bool) might help you there. Either use just one or OR them all together.

Thanks!

I edited the answer into the text above. I hope it helps at least a bit.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I edited the answer into the text above. I hope it helps at least a bit.

Thanks! This is perfect. It'd be great if a future verion of the CRJ added a couple of these for the sake of the Bravo and other cockpit builders.

• Developer
16 hours ago, Agrajag27 said:

Thanks! This is perfect. It'd be great if a future verion of the CRJ added a couple of these for the sake of the Bravo and other cockpit builders.

Yes, now that the stressful release phase for the ATR is over, I plan to start working on a major update for the CRJ. No release date yet, we want to do this properly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Yes, now that the stressful release phase for the ATR is over, I plan to start working on a major update for the CRJ. No release date yet, we want to do this properly.

Sounds good to me! Looking forward to this. The CRJ is worth the time spent, so thanks in advance.

BTW, I was unable to get (A:GENERAL ENGINE STARTER ACTIVE:1,bool) to work at all, but the Dev tool pointed me to (L:ASCRJ_ENGS_START_L_ON, Bool) along with _START_R.... to work just fine for this. Thought I'd point that out for clarity.

• Upvote 2