A Disappointing Introduction To Aerosoft One...

slicker55

Almost 3 hours ago, I purchased Tailstrike Designs LKPR (Prague) directly from the Aerosoft website.

I downloaded Aerosoft One v0.15.3 (Windows) from the Aerosoft website - trouble-free installation, MSFS 2020 installation automatically detected

Having accessed Aerosoft One via the desktop icon, I successfully logged into my Aerosoft account and navigated to the 'Library' where my LKPR purchase is listed.

I attempted to install this purchase using the C drive which has 1.53TB free space available.

When I click the yellow 'Continue' button, there is a brief pause (1-2 seconds) followed by a Windows blue screen. The PC then shuts down and restarts.

I have googled and tried various suggestions including uninstalling/re-installing Aerosoft One, choosing a different installation drive, choosing 'Direct Install' instead of 'One Library Install', all with the same result.

I have been an avid flight sim enthusiast for over 10 years and currently have a payware-only MSFS 2020 system containing over 30 airports and this is the first time that I have struggled to install any new scenery.

I had planned to do a VA flight with this scenery tonight...

Hoping someone might be able to throw some light on how to get this scenery installed.

.... a quick update... finally got it installed several hours later... initial installation was being blocked by Acronis Cyber Protection and Webroot Antivirus. Once temporarily disabled, Aerosoft One was able to complete the installation but when I tried to run MSFS, it would get roughly half-way through, hang and then CTD. I tried several things including a system restore and came very close to reinstalling MSFS. Thankfully, a stroke of luck... removed the dependencies (3) listed in Aerosoft One (relating to VDGS) and immediately reinstalled them. MSFS now working as normal once again. I will finish by saying that whilst relieved my sim is working again, my initial impression of this rendition of LKPR has left me feeling rather underwhelmed and in my opinion, well over-priced.

29 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And what exactly is the problem?

I don't know which way to answer this question as I have already gone into quite a bit of detail and updated the OP for the benefit of anyone else running into similar issues.

@slicker55 I think that @mopperle relates to your final words "...my initial impression of this rendition of LKPR has left me feeling rather underwhelmed and in my opinion, well over-priced." I could be wrong...

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting steps for the installation. I have BitDefender and it did not interfeere with A1.

Hello Gerald,

Oh, I see now ... I didn't want to stray too far away from the original subject but appreciate him questioning my initial impression... will reserve further judgment until I have had more time to have a good look around :)