Airspeed Does Not Come Alive On Takeoff

CrossHyparu

I've had 2 attempts to fly the CRJ today, and after nearly 3 hours I've had both flights end shortly after the takeoff role because the airspeed indicator never came alive.

Airport: KOMA

METAR: 30016KT 10SM SCT033 M06/M12 A2999

Naturally with air temperatures this low with moisture in the air there is no question there would be icing on the plane, and despite the fact I specifically turned icing conditions off on the second flight there seems to be some other icing function within the CRJ that overrides this. I haven't found it.

On the first flight I ran the probe heats because it's just part of my normal flows even with icing conditions turned off. Total prep time was maybe about 30 minutes. On the takeoff roll the airspeed never came to life so I aborted the roll. I then retarted the flight thinking maybe there was some sort of glitch with the plane.

On the second startup to be safe I let the plane sit on the ramp for almost 90 minutes with the probe, window, cowl, and wing anti icing systems turned on. Again during the takeoff roll the airspeed indicator stayed pinned at 0 resulting in another aborted takeoff. This is what has lead me to believe the CRJ runs with icing conditions regardless of what MSFS settings are at. This would not normally be a problem for me but after 90 minutes with the anti ice running I find there should be absolutely no reason why the probes would still be frozen. 

What is going on and how in the world do I fix this problem? 

Do you use a third party livery for the CRJ? These sometimes can cause lailures that have nothing to with the livery itself ..

I made a flight in icing conditions 2 days ago an everything worked fine.

9 hours ago, Ha_Ma said:

Do you use a third party livery for the CRJ? These sometimes can cause lailures that have nothing to with the livery itself ..

I made a flight in icing conditions 2 days ago an everything worked fine.

No, I've been using liveries that come with the CRJ. 

I think I found the problem. When I switch my controls from one plane to the CRJ, it changes the sim settings which causes icing conditions to be turned back on. So when I turned off icing, then switched the profiles, the icing went back on without me knowing. I just started a flight and had no issues on the takeoff roll.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1