Absolute beginner at TSR Autobrake

BaiterOne

Hi,

I am a very recent purchaser of TSR Autobrake.

I bought it to make FS2004 more realistic.

To say the least, I am perplexed and confused utterly as to how to make the thing work – or ,I suppose, to actually prove that it is working for me.

I don’t have any of the mentioned aircraft – so I presume I will be using a custom configuration.

I have no idea of the uses of offsets or other advanced features.

I don’t have any pedals, differential brakes, Project Magenta, Phidjets or anything like that.

I have a licensed copy of FSUIPC.

I use FS2004 full screen so I gather from the forum that I won’t be in a position so see any of the effects of TSR Autobrake on the Small TSR Panel.

If I want to use TSR Autobrake to control the Autobraking system on any aircraft other than the ones featured what exactly do I have to do?

Say for instance an aircraft with a take-off speed of 105 kts and a landing speed of 140 kts.

I want to use the Autobrake Control on the FS Aircraft panel if possible.

It will have 6 positions.

I presume I will have it loaded in the background, after FS2004 has been loaded – with the custom aircraft choice ticked.

In a few easy steps please.

I have used it as above but I cannot decide whether it is having any different effect on autbraking after landing.

Thanks

BaiterOne

Dell XPS Gen 4, 3.4 GHz Pentium 4, 2GB 533 MHz Memory, 256MB RADEON X850 XT Graphics Card, 6.14.10.6683 (Catalyst 7.4) Driver, SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

Windows XP Pro SP 2, DirectX 9.0c

FS 9.1,

FS Global,

Ground Environment,

Flight Environment,

Ultimate Terrain - Europe, USA, Canada/Alaska

TSR Autobrake ???

• Aerosoft
Hi,

I am a very recent purchaser of TSR Autobrake.

I bought it to make FS2004 more realistic.

To say the least, I am perplexed and confused utterly as to how to make the thing work – or ,I suppose, to actually prove that it is working for me.

I don’t have any of the mentioned aircraft – so I presume I will be using a custom configuration.

I have no idea of the uses of offsets or other advanced features.

I don’t have any pedals, differential brakes, Project Magenta, Phidjets or anything like that.

I have a licensed copy of FSUIPC.

I use FS2004 full screen so I gather from the forum that I won’t be in a position so see any of the effects of TSR Autobrake on the Small TSR Panel.

If I want to use TSR Autobrake to control the Autobraking system on any aircraft other than the ones featured what exactly do I have to do?

Say for instance an aircraft with a take-off speed of 105 kts and a landing speed of 140 kts.

I want to use the Autobrake Control on the FS Aircraft panel if possible.

It will have 6 positions.

I presume I will have it loaded in the background, after FS2004 has been loaded – with the custom aircraft choice ticked.

In a few easy steps please.

I have used it as above but I cannot decide whether it is having any different effect on autbraking after landing.

Thanks

BaiterOne

Dell XPS Gen 4, 3.4 GHz Pentium 4, 2GB 533 MHz Memory, 256MB RADEON X850 XT Graphics Card, 6.14.10.6683 (Catalyst 7.4) Driver, SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

Windows XP Pro SP 2, DirectX 9.0c

FS 9.1,

FS Global,

Ground Environment,

Flight Environment,

Ultimate Terrain - Europe, USA, Canada/Alaska

TSR Autobrake ???

BaiterOne, these kinds of mails are always hard to answer because your question is so 'wide' that we don't know where to start. To explain the whole thing would be repeating the manual, we tried to explain the product there as detailed as possible.

Could you indicate where you are not able to follow the manual anymore? Where you see something else as you would expected?

Hi Mathijs

thank you for the reply.

If I take it in easy steps, as I do not believe the manual makes any of this very obvious and I hate making assumptions (as I usually am wrong!):

1) Do I load TSR Autobrake before or after loading FS2004 - the manual says nothing and there was some discussion in the forum concerning this.

2) As I don't have any of the aircraft mentioned and none of the accessories mentioned, can I simply start by ticking Custom 1 and go fly, using the Autobrake Knob already in the FS2004 cockpit? That is, I don't have to go near my FSUIPC settings, offsets or the like?

3) When I do decide to customise what happens with Autobrake in Custom 1 - using the Calculator to decide what Deceleration Rate will stop the aircraft in a given length of runway, I simply slot those numbers in to the RTO,1,2,3,MAX positions and fly with Custom 1 ticked, nothing else required.

4) Since I use FS2004 full-screen then I cannot view any part of TSR Autobrake while flying? Can I reliably see the effect of TSR Autobrake by observing the variables A:BRAKE RIGHT POSITION and A:BRAKE LEFT POSITION from within a gauge in FS2004? I do not appear to have access to a variable for Brake Accumualtor Pressure in FS2004.

Just a note - the Calculator says Landing Distance - I presume that should read Landing Speed.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my newbie questions.

BaiterOne

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs

thank you for the reply.

If I take it in easy steps, as I do not believe the manual makes any of this very obvious and I hate making assumptions (as I usually am wrong!):

1) Do I load TSR Autobrake before or after loading FS2004 - the manual says nothing and there was some discussion in the forum concerning this.

2) As I don't have any of the aircraft mentioned and none of the accessories mentioned, can I simply start by ticking Custom 1 and go fly, using the Autobrake Knob already in the FS2004 cockpit? That is, I don't have to go near my FSUIPC settings, offsets or the like?

3) When I do decide to customise what happens with Autobrake in Custom 1 - using the Calculator to decide what Deceleration Rate will stop the aircraft in a given length of runway, I simply slot those numbers in to the RTO,1,2,3,MAX positions and fly with Custom 1 ticked, nothing else required.

4) Since I use FS2004 full-screen then I cannot view any part of TSR Autobrake while flying? Can I reliably see the effect of TSR Autobrake by observing the variables A:BRAKE RIGHT POSITION and A:BRAKE LEFT POSITION from within a gauge in FS2004? I do not appear to have access to a variable for Brake Accumualtor Pressure in FS2004.

Just a note - the Calculator says Landing Distance - I presume that should read Landing Speed.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my newbie questions.

BaiterOne

Glad to help you, that's what we are here for.

I can answer the first one. It doesn't matter, the moment it is connected it will start to influence FS, so you can start it at any moment as long as it is connected when the aircraft lands.

To avoid getting things wrong I will ask the developer to assist. I will follow it and will step in where needed. I agree with you, being a n00b can be hard, but were here to assist.

Hello

Pleasecheck the description in "FSUIPC-Setup" (Button) where each step is clearly described.

If you don't use Pedals you need to follow the "Joystick Button" setup.

By using the default Aircrafts (NO addon) you need to send the air files from the aircrafts you like to use, for this please check the Manual where is described to find this air files.

Thanks Thomas.

However, I think this is one piece of software which will never be used by me - what I believed was going to be an easy add-on to FS2004 it is far too complicated and long-winded.

BaiterOne