Hardware Manual for Bravo Throttle Flap Lever Repair

My Bravo Throttle Flap Lever is not returning to centre after a down increase flap command. Still returns to centre after the upward decrease flap command. Are there any photos or schematics to show what I need to disassemble in order to repair whatever has let go. Any assistance much appreciated. Cheers Pete

• Aerosoft

Hi,

There is not much to do as this is a self contained two-way rocker switch.

The spring loading system inside may be broken or loose.

You may want to contact Honeycomb to get 

a spare switch to replace yours.

Best regards.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
On 4/6/2022 at 6:49 AM, thenextbest1 said:

My Bravo Throttle Flap Lever is not returning to centre after a down increase flap command. Still returns to centre after the upward decrease flap command. Are there any photos or schematics to show what I need to disassemble in order to repair whatever has let go. Any assistance much appreciated. Cheers Pete

I have talked too fast, sorry.
There is **maybe** something to do as the spring loading system is external to the switch itself.
See the picture hereunder.
There may be some action possible in your case.

Hope it helps.

Please login to display this image.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, SimWare said:

I have talked too fast, sorry.
There is **maybe** something to do as the spring loading system is external to the switch itself.
See the picture hereunder.
There may be some action possible in your case.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your suggestion and the photo. Will give it a shot and let you know how I go. Cheers Pete

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, thenextbest1 said:

Thanks for your suggestion and the photo. Will give it a shot and let you know how I go. Cheers Pete

Hello,

Don´t forget that these products come with a two year warranty.
If you can´t get it working, you can request a replacement from your point of sales.

If purchased from us, please open a ticket here :
https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/newticket?departmentId=353346000000006907&layoutId=353346000046704239

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 5:33 PM, SimWare said:

Hello,

Don´t forget that these products come with a two year warranty.
If you can´t get it working, you can request a replacement from your point of sales.

If purchased from us, please open a ticket here :
https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/newticket?departmentId=353346000000006907&layoutId=353346000046704239

Best regards.

Hi SimWare - wasn't a spring issue unfortunately, the pin had sheared not on the front where I would have expected but at the rear of the switch poking out between the spring in your photo. Looking at the attached photos you can see that the plastic pin extension which let go was only held together by a thin wall of plastic, likely a production issue. I bought it off Aerosoft from the pre-order list so I'm actually 5 months out of warrantee but would be happy with just a replacement switch and fit it myself - so I'll open a ticket and see how I go. Thanks for your help. Cheers Pete

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
10 minutes ago, thenextbest1 said:

Hi SimWare - wasn't a spring issue unfortunately, the pin had sheared not on the front where I would have expected but at the rear of the switch poking out between the spring in your photo. Looking at the attached photos you can see that the plastic pin extension which let go was only held together by a thin wall of plastic, likely a production issue. I bought it off Aerosoft from the pre-order list so I'm actually 5 months out of warrantee but would be happy with just a replacement switch and fit it myself - so I'll open a ticket and see how I go. Thanks for your help. Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,

We will check this as the warranty also depends on when you received the unit.

The ticket may end up with me.

I will check this.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 6:16 PM, SimWare said:

Hi Pete,

We will check this as the warranty also depends on when you received the unit.

The ticket may end up with me.

I will check this.

Best regards.

Hi SimWare - mate have you had any contact from support about a replacement switch? I lodged a ticket straight after our posts on the 11th April and got an email reply same day confirming the ticket was lodged and giving a ticket number 160143. I have finally managed to login to the support site now to get an update but the search returns no ticket of that number ?.  If you have any contact with support could you let me know if there is a problem - it would be much appreciated. Cheers Pete

• Aerosoft
23 minutes ago, thenextbest1 said:

Hi SimWare - mate have you had any contact from support about a replacement switch? I lodged a ticket straight after our posts on the 11th April and got an email reply same day confirming the ticket was lodged and giving a ticket number 160143. I have finally managed to login to the support site now to get an update but the search returns no ticket of that number ?.  If you have any contact with support could you let me know if there is a problem - it would be much appreciated. Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,

Checking it today and coming back to you asap.

Best regards.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
21 hours ago, thenextbest1 said:

Thanks very much appreciated Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,
It is being handled. Since you are in Australia, we have requested Honeycomb to send you a switch assembly.
The followup will be via the support system.
Best regards.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi Pete,
It is being handled. Since you are in Australia, we have requested Honeycomb to send you a switch assembly.
The followup will be via the support system.
Best regards.

Thanks for all your help. Another reason to keep buying direct from Aerosoft. Stay safe. Cheers Pete

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Today the spring on the flap switch broke inside my Honeycomb Bravo which I had purchased from Aerosoft.  

Can you provide a replacement spring for it?

Many thanks in advance!

The upper picture shows what an intact spring looks like.

The lower picture shows the broken spring inside my HC Bravo.  Note that one prong has broken off and is missing.