Double tap on single press?

Hello Fellow simmers. So I would like to figure out why through the sim connect when I use it to press a button on the MCDU FMS when you hit a letter it double taps. I use Air Manager and made an fms and everything works great except when I hit the button on the fms and send it to the sim via sim connect the button registers as a double tap? So it puts AA when I tapped the A once. And does that for any letter or number. I have checked with air manager and I have it coded correctly to talk the sim right. Hints why it registers a press of the A button. Any help would be so much appreciated. (Video shows the issue.)

“Then it must be an aircraft issue. In which case it’s up to the aircraft dev to explain why when controlling via simconnect variables it mostly recognises it as a double tap. Sounds like a timing thing but who knows.”  ~ from Air Manager when asked if it I had it coded correctly. 

Please login to view this video.

• Aerosoft

Hi Dustin,

I doubt this is an Lvar issue.

Can you please try with another utility such as AAO ?

Please also take a look here.

It addresses the FMC Lvars and only print character at the time :

Best regards.

Archived