AP disconnect

Clicking AP disconnect on yoke gives the AP disconnect sound, but AP stays connected.

I found the only way to disconnect the AP is with the bar on the MCP

As a way of introduction, I retired about a year and a half ago as an Instructor on the CRJ900 for Endeavor airlines.

I have probably forgotten some things, but I am pretty sure I clicked that red button a thousand times to disconnect the AP

9 hours ago, ken staske said:

Clicking AP disconnect on yoke gives the AP disconnect sound, but AP stays connected.

I found the only way to disconnect the AP is with the bar on the MCP

As a way of introduction, I retired about a year and a half ago as an Instructor on the CRJ900 for Endeavor airlines.

I have probably forgotten some things, but I am pretty sure I clicked that red button a thousand times to disconnect the AP

I have this problem as well! Very annoying and it would be great if someone knew if there's a workaround

After further testing, the AP will disconnect with either pushing TOGO button or disconnecting YD...as it should.

So it seems it should be a simple fix to get it working via the control horn.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Honeycomb Alpha yoke.  My AP disconnects with no issue with a double press of the red button on the control horn.  I do not use the sim to set up my control functions.  Instead I use AAO so I can access the lvars. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also use the AAO mapping and indeed by double pressing the red button it disconnects. Took me a while to figure that out as my default mapping is just one click for either on or off.

Archived