Tweak to original sound. Removes most abrupt changes. It is worth trying, free and no need for paid mods.

Hi, can anyone try this SOUND TWEAK and let me know what you think? Does this sound any better to you? Is it worse? Can you hear any difference? Curious to see what you think. 

I changed a couple variables on the sounds.xml and it sounds better to me as it doesn't have the abrupt changes anymore.. It is basically using the TURB ENG N2 variable instead of PROP MAX RPM PERCENT, so different engine sounds are more in sync. I can still hear the weird engine sound when Throttle is close to idle sometimes. I may be able to figure out a way to tweak that one too, not sure. 

This is not ideal as changes on rpm, while keeping same engine PSI, will not affect sound, I believe. Not perfect, but it's worth trying. : ) 

If you want to try, make a backup of your original sound.xml and replace with this one attached. If it doesn't work, just revert back. You can find it on your installation folder - \aerosoft-aircraft-twin-otter\SimObjects\Airplanes\AS_Aircraft_DHC6_Common\sound

BTW, this is using original sound from the latest Twin otter version. Not the TSS mod. Wont work for marketplace version too.

Please, make sure you backup the original xml file, so it is easy to revert back.

Hope it helps a bit while we wait for another update. 

Thanks

sound.xml

Ok, Tried a bit more and this doesn't help much. It sounds a bit better when moving the throttle, but because the propeller sound is now linked to the engine (and not the Propeller RPM) we loose all sound changes that should happen when we move the propeller rpm lever.

I will keep using the original.

anyway, it was worth a try. :)

Archived