SIMPLE TRAFFIC – SYDNEY AIRPORT

Brudgeon

I am pretty happy with this app and wherever I fly I often use the drone to see what airliners are parked at various airports. There is, however, a problem at Sydney.

The main north-south runway effectively divides the airport in half. West of this runway is the International terminal and the domestic terminal is to the east, entirely separate. Trouble is, I have spotted several international airliners at the domestic terminal. On this occasion they were –

China Airlines, Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, and Qatar. I also saw a Turkish Airlines jet.

I don’t believe they ever fly to Sydney.

I don’t know how your programming works but perhaps all non-Australian airlines should be designated Sydney West.

11 minutes ago, Brudgeon said:

I am pretty happy with this app and wherever I fly I often use the drone to see what airliners are parked at various airports. There is, however, a problem at Sydney.

The main north-south runway effectively divides the airport in half. West of this runway is the International terminal and the domestic terminal is to the east, entirely separate. Trouble is, I have spotted several international airliners at the domestic terminal. On this occasion they were –

China Airlines, Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, and Qatar. I also saw a Turkish Airlines jet.

I don’t know how your programming works but perhaps all non-Australian airlines should be designated Sydney West.

Hi Brudgeon, this will be up to FlyTampa to fix (assuming you have their Sydney airport)... You have the possibility to assign airline codes per parking/gate, which has not been done since it did not work on the beginning. But now it seems to be possible. When doing so, they can make sure all airlines will park at the correct spots. In the 'old days' you could do this easily by yourself by editing the AFD/AFCAD file...

By the way, standard Asobo sceneries do never include airline codes...

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Brudgeon said:

We'll have a look to see if that can be done.

20 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We'll have a look to see if that can be done.

Only thing Simple Traffic can do is make sure the 'atc_parking_codes=' is filled correctly. Then it is up to the software developers to assign the correct codes to the parking spots.

Archived