EFB: Do not see Navigraph charts other than airport - Tab missing?

Christian007

I just started my Navigraph acount and installed all the packages for my A320 Prof on P3Dv4: SimLink, NaviGraph Charts and FMS Data Manger. Installation and update to latest AIRAC worked. I can see the airplane position e.g. on STAR charts (not on Taxi charts, as described by others before):

Please login to display this image.

What I can NOT see: The global high and low enroute charts which I have access to by the Navigraph apps and web interface.

While most screenshots of EFB with charts look like above, I found another one screenshot in the forum which has more tabs on the charts screen:

So, now I am wondering if I just miss a part of the chart functionality, e.g. because of an incomplete installation? I have my A320 installed with admin rights under a non-admin user which frequently creates issues that files are expected in the admin user directory (solved by hard symbolic links). In such case I would need to know which files particularly are required in which folder for proper functionality.

Seeing the airplane on all charts throughout the flight was a main motivation for me to jump into Navigraph, so I would be happy to get this issue solved.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In your first screenshot you clicked on the kneeboard symbol, so you see only the charts on the kneeboard. Click on the tower symbol and you see all charts for the airport.

Seeing the plane on the chrts require the charts to be geo-referenced. AFAIK not all charts are geo-referenced.

Thanks, mopperle, but this is not what I meant.

See this comparison of both screenshots above:

The left one (which is not mine) has two buttons/tabs more which I do not see on my EFB charts page on the right. And I wonder if this could be the reason why I cannot access the high and low level enroute charts as the example below (EDDF environment) as expected from the Navigraph app and web site:

Left picture is not AS Airbus. You don't see upper or lower charts with moving map on AS Airbus. Sad but true.

I follow (when needed) those maps my laptop via Navigraph simlink, and home network. 

vor 7 Minuten, MikaV sagte:

Left picture is not AS Airbus. You don't see upper or lower charts with moving map on AS Airbus. Sad but true.

I follow (when needed) those maps my laptop via Navigraph simlink, and home network. 

Thanks! So it seems that I do not miss this functionality by mistake. Indeed sad news.

@ Aerosoft: Is this something which could be implemented also for the buses in a future update?

vor 18 Stunden , Jonas S. sagte:

Hi @Christian007,

I've noted this as a suggestion and forwarded it to the developer. However I cannot tell if or when this might be implemented.

Thanks, Jonas! Sounds good!

I just checked back where I had the picture from of the EFB with the additional 2 buttons. It is supposed to be an Aerosoft A330:

https://aerosoft-shop.com/shop-rd/bilder/screenshots/p3d/a330-professional/a330-prof_04.jpg

So, it seems that the code for the functionality is already available and maybe "just" needs to be ported to the A320 family? Would be interesting to know for the non-A330 Airbus simmers what functionality exactly is behind these 2 additional buttons/tabs?

vor 9 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Christian, the add. items are onyl visible with NavdataPro. The depend on what the provider gives us.

Ah, that’s the explanation. Thanks a lot. So, I will also have a look into NavData Pro.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived