Long load times after installing Simple Traffic

Mr Mike

4 minutes ago, Misteroscar said:

Same problem here. I've benn waiting for 30 min.. This is broking the sim since I cannot start it; I am not willing to investigate what the problem is. Without Simple traffic everything works, so simple traffic is the problem.

Fix this asap or give us the possibility to have the money back.

Than

I don't have Simple Traffic and I have a lot of these problems on payware airports.Impossible to make a flight from these airports.If I choose an airport per default, it works perfectly!

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Than, we have a few thousand customers where it works and you were it does not work.  Exactly how would you think that could work?  Did we publish an add-on that works with all corrupted sims and not with your perfect sim?

It doesn't mean anything. it seems there are a lot of peaple having this issue; If I remove Simple traffic everything works perfectly. So simple traffic is the problem. I don't know why, that's not my buisness, not my work.

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Misteroscar said:

It doesn't mean anything. it seems there are a lot of peaple having this issue; If I remove Simple traffic everything works perfectly. So simple traffic is the problem. I don't know why, that's not my buisness, not my work.

So far we have three people reporting this (including you) one of them where the issue was explainable.  And a few thousand of people who do not see this extremely long loading times. Exactly what is the issue is the issue you see?  If it is not long loading times might I suggest you make a fresh topic? If it is, do try with a clean community folder to make sure it is Simple Traffic that is causing the issue.

• Aerosoft

Update. a friend of mine reported the (very) long loading times so I asked him to give me access to his system. He allowed me.

These times are from clicking the MSFS icon to the main menu. This user has a ton load of add-on installed.

• Completely empty community folder:                         55 seconds
  • His standard community folder:                                  106 seconds
  • His standard community folder + Simple Traffic:       119 seconds

On his hardware the  additional 13 seconds are exactly what we would expect.

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mike, read my post again, I simply do not have a lot more to say. Again i know you will not like that but when something works with all our testers and few thousand of users, how can it be faulty?

I did read it. If you read what i posted you will see that it is working but not at all airports. I understand all this does it paint liveries on AI aircraft. I also seem to recall when the CRJ first came out that Aerosoft said there wasn't an issue until after  several days and when MANY people had an issue and only then did it get investigated. This product has not been out very long so I suspect you will see more complaints just like what happened with the CRJ. But again I got it to work somewhat for the moment. I had to work on the CRJ issue as well when it first came out and gave exact settings I was using and what I had in my settings to the devs here.
I turned of FSRealistic but I will turn it on again and do more testing as I do not see how that would affect this product as they aren't even closely related.

• Aerosoft
Just now, Mr Mike said:

I did read it. If you read what i posted you will see that it is working but not at all airports. I understand all this does it paint liveries on AI aircraft. I also seem to recall when the CRJ first came out that Aerosoft said there wasn't an issue until after  several days and when MANY people had an issue and only then did it get investigated. This product has not been out very long so I suspect you will see more complaints just like what happened with the CRJ. But again I got it to work somewhat for the moment. I had to work on the CRJ issue as well when it first came out and gave exact settings I was using and what I had in my settings to the devs here.
I turned of FSRealistic but I will turn it on again and do more testing as I do not see how that would affect this product as they aren't even closely related.

Okay Mike. I do not think we'll ever see eye to eye on this issue and that saddens me. If you contact me via support@aerosoft.com I will arrange a refund for you so we can close this issue.

Btw I have absolutely no idea why FSRealistic would be involved. It does not even get close to the bits of the sim we use. 

Archived