tca throttle kit full need help setting it up in p3d

afternoon all. i had the stick and throttle from thrustmaster tca and it worked fine in p3d. i just got the quadrant add on and now all is screwed up in p3d. i have searched the web but could not find a definitive answer to my issues.. thanks in advance and please dont yell at me if ive managed to overlook the answer. warm regards, steve the old fart

• Aerosoft

Hi Mousemansteven,

We can certainely help you but we need more details.
Can you explain what your issues are exactly ?

Thank you.

yes sir in p3dv5 up to date . i load the any aerosoft bus, for which i have ticked tca support in the 3xx configurator, throttles do not act together left 1 on idle right one is at climb with the reverser activated. flaps were reversed. view changes to outside when past clmb set on throttles, rudder pedles move when spoilers activated. when left throttle is activated both throttles move with the right one going to reverser. parking brake requires two activations to work. crank start switch works. both engine masters work. flaps work but not at proper detents,  when flaps 1 selected it goes to position 2 gear lever requires 2 activations to work. and finally the autobrake switch does not work. warm regards and thanks for your help, steve the old fart.

• Aerosoft
25 minutes ago, mousemansteven said:

yes sir in p3dv5 up to date . i load the any aerosoft bus, for which i have ticked tca support in the 3xx configurator, throttles do not act together left 1 on idle right one is at climb with the reverser activated. flaps were reversed. view changes to outside when past clmb set on throttles, rudder pedles move when spoilers activated. when left throttle is activated both throttles move with the right one going to reverser. parking brake requires two activations to work. crank start switch works. both engine masters work. flaps work but not at proper detents,  when flaps 1 selected it goes to position 2 gear lever requires 2 activations to work. and finally the autobrake switch does not work. warm regards and thanks for your help, steve the old fart.

Hi Mousemansteven,

Can you check and apply those two tutorials first and see if it answers at least part of your questions ? 

Best regards.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, mousemansteven said:

throttle 1 goes to toga and throttle 2 go to near clb detents thank you

Hello Steve,

Can you make sure that both throttle levers :

- 1 - Are correctly and equally calibrated in the Windows joystick calibration utility

- 2 - Have both the same sensitivity curve ? (Sensitivity to MAX and no dead zone)

Best regards.

Morning sir. i  did the thrustmaster initial calibration. then checked in sim. still issue with the throttles. i then played around with null zone and sensitivity. in the setup i saw it suggested that sensitivity be max and null be 0. at the moment  most is working . in the calibration utility throttle is halfway green and throttle 2 is at about 90 % green.  I am thankful for your help. regards 

• Aerosoft
52 minutes ago, mousemansteven said:

Morning sir. i  did the thrustmaster initial calibration. then checked in sim. still issue with the throttles. i then played around with null zone and sensitivity. in the setup i saw it suggested that sensitivity be max and null be 0. at the moment  most is working . in the calibration utility throttle is halfway green and throttle 2 is at about 90 % green.  I am thankful for your help. regards 

Hello Steve,

Thank you for this feedback.
Glad it now works.

If you want feel free to send me a screenshot of your sensitivity and null zone setttings in P3D
so that I can check for any extra recommendation...

Best regards.

• Aerosoft

Hello Steve,

When moving the speedbrake lever on the TCA, does the indicator bar move proportionally in the calibration utility ?

Please login to display this image.

Best regards.

good evening sir. when in the control panel the spoiler with any movement fills the slot all green. . funny thing i had the throttle section with no problems before i received the add on quadrant warm regards steve the old fart 

12 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hello Steve,

When moving the speedbrake lever on the TCA, does the indicator bar move proportionally in the calibration utility ?

Best regards.

as a side note after playing around with the quadrant i tightened up the tension screw  and now the throttle response is even at the  near 50% green both x and y axis how ever when applying  the reverse function the y axis goes green on initial activation. regards

• Aerosoft

Dear Steve,

On the front of the throttle casing, there is a small switch allowing to switch between throttles 1&2 and 3&4.

Can you please set it to 3&4 ?

Then replug the unit and check for linearity in the calibration utility. 

Best regards.

• Aerosoft
On 10/9/2021 at 12:37 PM, mousemansteven said:

yes sir it lines up nicely and x axis when at toga changes view

Hi Steve,

This is because in 3 & 4 configuration, the assignments are set completetly differently.

The virtual buttons on the axes are indeed defaulted to view change.

I suggest you still switch to 3 & 4 and manually reassign the axes and buttons to fit your needs.

Best regards,

Archived